“Avoid, if possible”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #25 of 40 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Chose this hotel because it accepted pets, but would not recommend. Our room, although labeled as non-smoking, reeked of smoke and had a cigarette burn on the loveseat. Floor was not clean (dog picked up several pieces of food within minutes); no elevator, so all luggage had to be lugged up the stairs; no restaurants located within immediate area; breakfast area very small and limited. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank twodachsunds
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed October 4, 2010

After driving 16 hours we needed a place to stay that was pet friendly enough to take three 50 pound dogs. I called the Comfort Inn at the last minute and they were nice enough to give us a ground floor. The bottom floors have large sliding glass doors that give you access to the parking lot. This is a huge plus for someone with dogs, or just for someone carrying in their items. Just park in front of your room and there ya go. Our room had two double beds. The room looked clean enough, though it had a less than pleasant musty smell. Everything in the room was very out of date. The comforters looked like they had seen better days, very old and faded. The sheets looked clean though. And the bed was comfy. The bathroom tiles were old and the grout was dirty from age and constant use. Probably something some bleach could fix.

One disappointing aspect was the guy staying there who let his pit named "Zues" run all over the parking lot and in front of the glass doors. While one my dogs was on a leash walking from the car trying to get in the room, here comes Zues running up to her and myself out of nowhere while his owner just stood several rooms down calling for him, not making a move to get his dog. I had to pick up my 45 pound dog, because I didn't know if this dog was friendly or not. I know my dog doesn't like random dogs. This happened several different times during the night and the next morning as we prepared to leave. Sometimes the owner was nowhere in sight, I think he just opens the door and lets the dog out. I can't really fault the Hotel for this one if they didn't know, but it was still annoying to me as a dog owner.
Overall, it was a decent place for one night. It was quiet and the beds were comfortable. It had very good free internet. Just needs some updating and a nice scrubbing in the bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We booked this hotel last minute because a car problem preventing us from travelling to our destination. Location is great, just off circle drive, and lots of restaurants within short distance. Staff were very friendly and got us into the room that we wanted on a government rate for a fair price. The room was comfortable - everything worked fine, was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

The facilities are very dated though, especially the TV which was small and an older bulky model that actually had some sort of electronic "box" connected to it. Definitely needs an upgrade! The patio door as well seemed to give us a little bit of trouble when it came to opening. I definitely like the patio door feature, it can be very handy - but when they're difficult to operate, it takes away from the convenience. All in all, certainly not the worst place I've stayed in, but there are a couple of issues that, if resolved, would make this property much more attractive.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2010

This hotel is the best value in town. I travel to Saskatoon about twice per year and always cross shop the competition based on price. The Comfort Inn always ends up with the best price for what we need. The hotel is clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are basic, but the suites have a sink, fridge, and microwave which is perfect when you have a baby to feed. The beds are very comfortable and I found the hotel to be very quiet. The breakfast is very good and my picky wife even found enough to eat. Parking is adequate. The airport is 5 minutes away, which is very convenient. Some of the furniture is a little worn, but still functional and clean. The fitness room is very basic, so if you need serious equipment, go to a real gym.. the university has an awesome one and nothing is too far away in Saskatoon.

On the whole, my experiences at this hotel are good (a few issues here and there, but that's normal and the staff addressed them for me).

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2009

I have just recently had to travel back into this area for business and used to travel here regularly 10+ years ago and at that time would stay at this hotel regularly so decided to return. First of all the staff were really friendly but that is where it ends. The rooms, the bedding and the tvs need to be upgraded. They still have the small televisions in the rooms that were there when they built the place. The blanket had a hole in it and you had the impression that new bedding hasn't been purchased since I was here 10+ years ago. There was no place to hang my coat in the room but you could see the holes in the wall where the coat rack used to be. It's things like this that give you the immediate impression the place is getting rundown and the owners aren't prepared to reinvest anything into it. As a result, I was very disappointed and highly unlikely will return.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2009

Friendly courteous staff and a nice hotel. Very good breakfast. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Good easy to find location. Close to the main highway and the airport.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2009

The hotel is a little off of Circle Drive but easy to find. It's 5 minutes from the airport, 10 minutes from downtown and close to great dining. We found it very clean and neat and our stay came with a terrific breakfast included. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and we had a great stay. Great value especially with the breakfast of muffins, pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, boiled eggs, toast and bagels. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family