“Nice staff, bad soundproofing”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #25 of 40 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This review was a toughie...
On the one hand, the staff were all very friendly and helpful but on the other hand, the walls are paper thin and it was so difficult to get a good night's sleep. You can hear each and every single door opening and closing, as well as other people's conversations next door.

Free breakfast was typical fare: some fruit, a small selection of baked goods, cereal, etc...

Although the staff was very attentive, I will not return due to the poor soundproofing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
CN352Management, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you for the kind words about the staff and feedback on the noise in the room. We are so sorry to hear that you could hear conversations and doors opening and closing. We certainly will look into the matter and see if we can make a correction. If you return in the future please let us know so that we can make sure that we place you in a quieter room.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed for 3 days, cost almost 500.00 for a standard room, front desk staff were not very helpful, were not aware of area services, hotel has vending area but no atm or change machine. was told to go to bank three blocks away found a bank and food store across the street, front staff were uninterested in helping to say the least. for the price i would expect a higher level of customer service.

room and amenities were ok, nothing special, will not be staying here on my return trip

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
CN352Management, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

We value the feedback from our guests and endeavour to address any shortfalls and constantly improve the overall levels of service and quality throughout the hotel

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good place if you know how to get there. It was very hot they day we arrived and the ice machine was broken. if you went to buy ice they would reimburse you . Lots of company workers stay there so it was noisiey with the early and late coming and goings. The doors at the exit would make a lot of noise opening and then slam shut.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
CN352Management, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

We appreciate your feedback from your stay and do realize that the hotel is not always the easiest to find. It was very unfortunate that our ice machine broke down during an unexpected hot period in September. We do apologize for the inconvenience it caused you during your stay. Our maintenance team has been made aware of the door noise and we are finding a solution for it.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife and I and two small kids booked a 1 night stay using Triprewards points Aug. 19th. I was a bit apprehensive based on previous reviews. When I checked in the evening staff was busy assembling the tables for their new Breakfast room. We found our 2 queen room very comfortable, with updated bedding and bathroom. We did find an inoperable tub drain, but the night manager had us fixed up within 15 min. of being notified after 9:00 P.M.-nice hairdo by the way!
In the morning we found the breakfast room complete and spotless, with adequate seating. The lady operating the space was very nice, and the availability of scambled eggs and bacon or sausage was a nice addition to the cold items/waffle maker. I believe this is a new addition chainwide.
I believe these changes go a long way to justify the high rates charged in a very expensive market. We have stayed in Saskatoon in larger rooms with an indoor pool, but no included breakfast at similar rates. But as a stopover on a long drive this property met our needs perfectly.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

The Comfort Inn would like to express our gratitude to you for taking the time to leave such a complimentary review. Like you, we are very satisfied with our newly renovated guest rooms, lobby and breakfast room.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

When I first arrived, I checked in easily enough. The man at the front desk didnt seem to know what he was really saying or doing ( maybe he was new) I had booked over the phone two weeks prior, for a non smoking animal friendly room. Guess they didnt get that memo,we went up to a room, 3 kids, 2 cats, a dog and alot of luggage. Ten minutes later he called our room and moved us to the first floor, which was better, convience wise. But there was NO ELEVATOR? So I hsd to move my 3 kids, 2 cats,1 dog and luggage to boot, down AGAIN. To a less fancy room, smelt like smoke and was a bit dingy. But not horrible. Breakfest was good, room was clean enough. Nice big room. If that first mix up hadnt have happened it would have been a better stay. The next morning, I think it was the manager was working. He was lovely. He should always be there to welcome guests.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jasmin P

We do apologize that we did not have your requested room type available upon your arrival but we are glad we were able to resolve the situation. We do try our best to meet all room requests regardless of how the reservations are booked. Thank you for your positive feedback on the manager the next day, it is appreciated.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because I had a conference at an adjacent property and this hotel had a lower rate; I thought this would be a good way to help the budget constraints at work. The hotel is completely under renovations. I had to walk around the entire property before I could find the entrance as the main one was closed. The hallways were filled with construction material and the men were working from 8 AM until around 6 PM. At night, the hallways were loud, and the walls did not offer much silence. My room was very clean. I could hear the TV and conversations from the connecting rooms. I woke up in the morning for the "breakfast" (which was in a bedroom instead of a meal room of any sort. due to renovations), which was supposed to start at 6:30 AM. I arrived at 6:45 and there was no coffee or any food for that matter. There is not much around here to grab a quick bite and I stayed here not just for the price and distance but also for breakfast. This was the same situation my second morning.

I was intending to stay for four nights, but was told after my second night that I had to move to another hotel, all the way across town. My room was no longer available due to the renovations, despite the fact I had prepaid and booked a month before. The staff was incredibly friendly about it, and did offer to pay for my taxi to get to my conference. The other hotel was much nicer. However, I was a bit annoyed that I was told the final two nights would be "complimentary", which apparently in Comfort Inn language means not that the room is free, but that I wouldn't be charged an increased rate.

Overall, great staff, but avoid the hotel at least until the renovations are done. And hope they don't move you halfway through your stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
CN352Management, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Please accept our apologies if we missed the opportunity to communicate that our hotel is currently undergoing renovations. We do regret that this negatively impacted your stay but as indicated in your review, we did find another accommodation for you and paid for your taxi rides as you were further from your conference

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This hotel was excellent - everything is top quality. THe bathroom had fans that are motion activated, the bedside lights had led spots for reading in bed. The furniture was very comfortable and the bed and bedding was beyond expectation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donna M

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and were satisfied with all aspects of your stay