Holiday Inn Express
The James Hotel(Saskatoon)
$199
$164
Hotels.com
All reviewscinnamon bunsfront desku turnclose to downtownfree breakfaststayed here for one nightrooms are quiethot itemsgood nights sleephotel is locatedlots of parkingfront entranceclean hotelhot tubbreakfast roomwould stay here againexcellent stay
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have booked travelers into this Hotel and it has many admirers.
Hotel is well run and always full which says plenty

Good location and always seems to be full.which is a statement in itself
Saskatoon has 3 new hotels being built hopefully the prices will become affordable.
Norm Wallace

Room Tip: I never heard a negative comment on this facility
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear normanwallace,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We strive to ensure all of our guests needs are met and we are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay. We are glad that our accommodations and amenities were to your liking and contributed to making your stay that much more comfortable. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We just returned from a short visit to Saskatoon. We really enjoyed our stay even though there was road construction right in front which made it hard to get to and from the hotel. The staff was friendly, the king suite was very comfortable, the breakfast was good, and the location was close to downtown. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Hello Live4Mexico I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I also appreciate your patience in regards to the construction, seems summer in Saskatoon is always full of road repairs!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

It would be nice to say this place was a good choice but I can't, I paid for my family to come out for my wedding and decided to put my uncle and aunt up here for 3 nights. I didn't mind that it was very expensive, what I do mind is the fact that my aunt and uncle wanted to spend one night at my grandmothers house and wanted to put their daughter in their hotel room for the last night so we wouldn't waste money. We were denied this because the room wasn't in their daughters name, even though she has ID and was there at the time of check in. So no thanks for Holiday Inn Express, they made finding room for my family very hard at the time of my wedding. Poor service and costly right to the end.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cale E
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Cale E,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We apologize for letting you down on some aspects of your stay .We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving our hotel.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had a very good experience at the Holiday Inn Express in Saskatoon.
The location is just adjacent to the main downtown core. Easy access, good parking.
It was a short walk to downtown, and a easy walk to the river park system.
I was there on Canada Day, and enjoyed the walk through downtown to the River park to catch the end of the Jazz festival and the fireworks. It was about a 20 min walk to some beautiful parts of Saskatoon.

The room was clean, quiet, with all the amenities expected. Good workstation.

I had a problem with my TV (they were transitioning to high definition programming) but when I contacted the front office, they dealt with the issue immediately and professionally. I was part of a convention in town and colleagues were in a number of rooms. I only heard positive comments about the hotel.

The breakfast that is provided is excellent. A full breakfast is provided with all sorts of options and a very spacious dining area. Next door is a pretty good restaurant in a unique rail-station setting.

The only thing I found missing was a cash machine. Nearest one is in the restaurant down the street and its not available 24hrs.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Friendly service from a young lady wearing a trainee badge. She helped solve a problem with my priority card and then gave me a pack of candy for my trouble. Room was fine though I could smell stale smoke odour. Mattress was good but the box spring jiggled so that every time my wife moved,I was shaken awake. Good location, our room was opposite side to train tracks so never heard a sound.

• Stayed: July 2013