“Consistent!”

Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Winnipeg, Canada
“Consistent!”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for business purposes 4 or 5 times over the years and prefer the location over the downtown hotels. Close proximity to downtown, easy in an out parking, quick hot buffet breakfast, and overall consistently high levels of service, room quality, and value makes it my hotel of choice when travelling on business in Saskatoon. Recommended!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Parksville, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed @ this hotel during a very hard time in my life. I had to make a quick trip back to Sask for a family emergency. The staff were so very helpful and accomidating, that no words can express my graditide.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank VikkiZ_12
Niagra Falls
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I just stayed at this hotel last weekend and there was a huge conference going on. I am a platinum member with priority club rewards and they forced me in without a problem even though they were fully booked. I always stay with this chain because I am a platinum member and I expect a high level of service. The staff at this hotel went above and beyond my expectations. I admit that the hotel does need a good upgrade but the staff more than makes up for that! I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ryan P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you so much for the nice comments! I am very proud of my staff; and I always love to hear that they go above and beyond! In order to keep providing with the best service possible we will be undergoing some renovations and upgrades in the next year. Our Platinum members are very important to us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2012

What a great place to stay! This was my first visit to Saskatoon, and although I am normally a Marriott girl there was not one available to me. The staff are truly exceptional; answering all of my questions, and providing me with great restaurant recommendations. The location made it quite easy to get around, the property itself was well maintained, and the rooms were clean and extremely comfortable. The housekeeping staff were amazing ensuring that I had all of the amenities I required. I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
We very much appreciate being your choice for your first visit to Saskatoon! It’s nice to hear that we could impress a “Marriott Girl” as we know they run a good chain of hotels! We would love to see you again and we hope that you will be your choice next visit.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I recently stayed in saskatoon on business. I chose there as other holiday Inn hotels have been good. This one looked good even though it was on the rough side of town. The room looked fine until a mouse woke me up. It was running around the room! I quickly went and asked for another room. At first they wanted to send security to kill it but I insisted on a new room. They then tried to give me one beside it and I finally asked for one on a different floor. They gave me a queen room to replace my king suite but at midnight I was content to take the new bed. In the morning my bill was slid under with the charge for the full amount. No change, no apology. After discussion the most they were willing to move was $30 on a $160 room. First thing mouse was disgusting. And second the full charge showed no care for their customer. It is time to search for a new hotel in saskatoon for the rest of my business trips.

4 Thank zach1754
Ryan P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for voicing your concerns about our property. We are very sorry to hear about how you felt during your stay. The security of our guest is of the upmost importance. We do employee night time security personnel who keep watch on the hotel and grounds throughout the evening.
Unfortunately; being a city surrounded by farmland, we do tend to share our living, and business spaces with creatures other than humans. After being made aware of this issue, we have been in contact with our local pest controllers and safeguards are being implemented to ensure that this type of problem will not happen again.
We do sincerely apologize for this incident. Our staff did inform management and we were anticipating being able to speak with you upon check out. Discounts, over the $30 you received, do need to go through management. It was our hope you would have stopped on your way out, so we could have further addressed this issue.
Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Overall, this is a decent hotel. Staff were very friendly and kindly let me use the microwave in the pantry (not normally open to guests), which I appreciated. A small touch but important to me as I have dietary issues and eating out was not an option. My room was spacious and clean, though no view to speak of. The hotel isn't really located in a particularly scenic spot (only a handful of downtown hotels are), but for a night's stay it was no big deal.

After a somewhat unpleasant experience when I tried to check in at one of the local Super 8 motels, I was happy with the warm welcome I got at the HIE when I showed up asking about a room. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Glace Bay, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed at this hotel several times on the way through Saskatoon. Hotel is conveniently located. Rooms are very comfortable and the property is well maintained. Staff is very friendly and courteous.Will definitely be staying there again on the way through Saskatchewan!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business