“Superb!”

Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Caswell Hill
Reviewed March 27, 2012

A "fusion" of various Asian dishes. The two dishes I've tried were both delicious, well prepared and well presented. Low cost with excellent value. Wine by the glass at a very reasonable price. Careful with the spice, can be very hot! They will taylor to your taste, however. I would rate this as one of the top Asian restaurants in Saskatoon.

There are newer reviews for Ricebowl

Reviewed December 15, 2011

I have gone a few times to the Ricebowl and have enjoyed it every time. The last time I went, it was my birthday (which was evident by the present beside me). The waitress asked whether it was my b'day and after confirming same, she advised that mine (and my Mom's) dessert (red beans w ice cream...yum!) was on the house. I wouldn't expect that, but it was very nice. Mom and I generally have the bibimbob and we share the Korean ribs. I love the pickled daikon they give as a side relish. I love the bibimbop and couldn't possibly stray from ordering that...the way the rice crusts on the screaming hot stone bowl is yummy. Make a reservation as sometimes it's packed and sometimes not.
Price for above approx $60 if I remember correctly

1  Thank Carey C
Reviewed December 13, 2011

not the greatest area of town bUT sometimes thats where the gems are. and this one is a gem. Looks like crap from the outside but amazing decor on the inside

1  Thank eskimo6555
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I visited the Rice Bowl with my wife and about 12 other friends.
This is a small place, no more than 20 seats.
The decoration is tasteful and discreet, but charming!
the food is DELICIOUS!
this is a hidden gem in Saskatoon.
GO TRY IT OUT.

1) food --> delicious, plenty, sometimes LOTS of it, depending on what you order; it does not matter what you order, i've tried almost their entire menu and EVERYTHING is DELICIOUS

2) service --> outstanding; any waiter/waitress will explain everything about the dishes and guide you towards a good food choice.

3) atmosphere --> informal yet not "college frat"; very discreet

4) price --> it is amazing how cheap this place is when you consider how RICHLY the food tastes; full flavors; well seasoned; not "water-tasting-food" nor overly seasoned.

one of my favorite restaurants in Stoon!

1  Thank FS L
Reviewed February 21, 2011

The food is beautifully prepared! full of flavor HUGE protions! Always enough to have 2nds sometimes 3rds! My children love how they serve water, thru old wine bottles!
My only complaint is you must know their hours, we gone several times and the doors are locked, so make sure you know the hours.