“New and well-managed, if a bit "European"”

Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Santa Barbara, California
“New and well-managed, if a bit "European"”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Not known for an excess of hotel rooms, Saskatoon was especially busy on the dates when we needed to be in town (Jazz Festival and other summer events). So we were happy to get reservations at this newly-built property, in spite of rates that had been set to match demand (just over CAD200 with taxes), since our usual choices (Holiday Inn Express, Hilton Garden Inn) were full. We noticed that some things (shower and lav valves, wall-mounted push-button shampoo/conditioner dispensers, towel placement, slide-out coffee tray with a battery-operated light nearby, etc.) were more like what we would find in some European hotels, but this did not degrade our experience. (The large size of the room was definitely NOT European!) All in all, we enjoyed the quiet and cleanliness of this property located in the south part of town adjacent to a WalMart shopping center (rental car needed). Front desk staff especially friendly and helpful. Housekeeping, too!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

A group of us stayed for a work trip here, and it was an absolute nightmare. We had a block of rooms set aside so we all booked our rooms, then we go to confirm we still have rooms and they have all been cancelled so we re-booked. So then 3 days before we call to confirm again and I still don't have a room. So I check in and they have 2 rooms booked for me!? Then they needed a $200 deposit as I didn't have a credit card which was only $50 like are you serious!?!? being really strapped for cash at the time I couldn't afford to give them that much money, but did they seem to care no! Also with the whole booking episode I was not sure if I would ever see that money back. I did get it back though thank god! Otherwise the room was clean, and nice but definitely not worth the hassle!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank whiskeygurl8
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are sorry that you experienced difficulties when making your reservation, but happy to hear that this did not stop you from enjoying a clean and comfortable stay. Your comments regarding the reservation process have been addressed and properly handled as to not be repeated in the future. We hope that you will allow us an opportunity in the future to prove that this is not the norm. Take care.

Travelers are raving about these Saskatoon hotels

Moose Jaw, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Didn't know this new hotel existed as we usually stay elsewhere when we travel to Saskatoon until I read some reviews on Tripadvisor. Decided to give 'er a whirl and was not disappointed. It is in a relatively new area in the South West corner tucked in behind a Walmart Supercentre which was also convenient. The price also snagged my attention prior to finalizing the deal on line.

The greeting from Helen the second we walked through the door was a delight as she gave us a heart-filled welcome with a big smile on her face. We were made to feel special and welcome. The building was as expected for being new and very nicely decorated from top-to-bottom. The room was very well appointed and had everything that one would need. The stand-alone shower/no tub was a first for us, but was an excellent touch for our needs as we don't take baths anyway. This creates a lot of room to take a shower and room is what I like, not to feel closed in with a tub/shower combo. The bed was comfortable, however, and I guess this would be my only knock on the place, it was 'wiggly'. My wife is, how should I put this, an 'aggressive' mover and every time she adjusted, I woke up and vice-versa. But, other than that slight irritant, it was a spectacular stay

The room was quiet, save for the sounds of heavy-footed individuals out in the hall. We perfer the top floor so that we never have to hear elephants walking on our heads, so I highly recommend a top floor room. As I said in the title...this is our new 'home' when we hit Saskatoon for many reasons...from the very friendly staff (even all of the housekeeping staff we saw as we heading down the hall to the elevators said an appreciative and sincere "good morning"), to the nicely appointed and detailed room, the fun water slide that our daughter enjoyed and it's location. Right across the street from a Tim Horton's which is also very convenient. It's right off of a major artery that gets you most places painlessly.

See you all again, and thank you!

Room Tip: choose a top-floor room as you hear footsteps of others above you and beside you...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TNT_9
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel quite a few times now and never been disappointed. It is very clean, the rooms are an excellent size, very nice bathrooms and really there is not much negatively to say about this hotel - it really is one of the best in Saskatoon and the price is quite reasonable. My only two issues is that coffee is only available in the lobby until 9:30 a.m. and that is far too early especially as check out is not until noon and the blackout blind in the room is not at all effective and a lot of light shines through it. I hate a light room so for me this was an issue, but that really is the only negative I could say about this hotel. The bed is super comfy. I could highly recommend it, it is in a brilliant location, modern and fairly new.

Room Tip: You have to ask if you want a bath tub. I prefer a tub to a shower so I usually have to take a disa...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bernadette K
Penticton
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This hotel is newer, rooms are very clean and beds were comfortable. However, this place seems cheaply built, sound proofing is very poor, and the lights on the temp control were very bright. I had to run it for a while as it was too warm to sleep, so I put a bandaid over the brightest light which helped slightly. I am a very light sleeper so I often have to wear earplugs in a hotel. We had requested a quiet room on the top floor after reading reviews on this site, but I was still woken numerous times by sounds even with ear plugs in! I was happy with the amenities in the room (complimentary bottles of water were appreciated, make-up removing wipes, little bottle of scope) but the room (2 queen beds) was very expensive for the quality ($159 before taxes and fees). I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank LightSleeperCanada
Milan, Italy
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

When we arrived we were offered a free upgrade to the king suite which was very nice. The room was clean and modern, the entrance was updated and beautiful. The staff aS friendly and helpful. In the morning my boyfriend and I were 15 minutes late for coffee and a staff member went out of her way to get us coffee. The only recommendations I have for this hotel is to include breakfast! We also wished the pool was deeper than 4ft.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Melfort, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Four Points is a beautiful hotel. Only complaint I had was the temp control on the wall has a super bright light that you have to turn off so it doesn't light up the whole room. The rooms are huge and spotless and the shower is huge! The pool was great my kids love it as well as the water slide. All around great hotel. Good location has every thing around it for stores and food and easy to find. I paid a bit more than I would have staying somewhere else but the space, cleanliness and quiet were worth it. Kid friendly and just a great place to visit for a while. I would recommend.

Stayed May 2014