“Nice but not worth the price”

Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon
Ranked #24 of 40 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is a nice new hotel, and nothing really wrong with it, if it was priced like a nice Super 8. This hotel is insanely over priced though, it costs more than the Holiday Inn Saskatoon but is not as nice. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable but the rooms are minimalist. Everything in the room has the look of higher end stuff, but it's all superficial. The shower floor creaks and you can feel it flex when you step on it, and I'm a fairly skinny guy. The walls don't keep out much sound and the tvs are small. The people in the room kept me awake because of how poor the sound proofing is. This is a hotel that charges luxury prices but gives you economy in return. This is a nice hotel, just not that nice that they can justify the insane prices.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the top floor and away from elevator, you can hear people walking around the room above...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank SpicyDill

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Looking for a quiet night so picked edge of town not downtown. cookie cutter bland . Wooden floor in lobby soaked . Thin walls. Can hear ice landing in buckets 3 doors away .On third floor but cars started and left to run parked under windows are actually making the wall vibrate . Poor construction $166 night overpriced not Sheraton quality

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Horsesgalore
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any inconveniences during your stay. We understand a good night sleep is very important when you are on the road, and if you choose to stay with us again we will ensure every effort is made to place you in a low traffic, quite section of the hotel.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I received this hotel from a Priceline express deal at 112$ per night, plus taxes. The hotel is what you would expect clean and in a suburban location. I would have given them a four star review, but for two things: Firstly, I was placed into a dirty room. Secondly, during my final dinner at the hotel I didn't appreciate the total lack of respect from my waitress. Her customer service skill had taken the evening off.

Hypothetically speaking: If a customer requested that their salad be served onion free, why would you bring steamed vegetables with giant slivers of onions out with the customer's dinner. Furthermore, if the vegetables are served this way why wouldn't you advise the customer to choose a different side with their entree?

With that said, when the customer asks if there is anything else that can take the place of the onion infested side dish, why do you feel that it's okay to be rude and start a stare down?

I would stay at this location again, but I wouldn't eat in the restaurant.

P.s

Dear Restaurant,
Why is it such a hardship to order club soda with a lemon?

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Brandy M

We regret to hear of your experience, and can assure you that your feedback has been shared with our team to ensure these issues are addressed immediately. This is certainly not the standard of service we aim to provide to our guests. We appreciate your business and hope you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. If you would like to discuss further, please contact our General Manager Shaun Ng at ccshng@gmail.com or our Food and Beverage Director Karen Bahnman at fourpointsdining@gmail.com.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We have stayed in the Four Points Sheraton a few times over the past two years, and have been totally satisfied with each stay.

The rooms are fully updated and modern, exceptionally clean and bright. The beds are clean and soft. Everything is very new and very trendy.

The only complaint I had on our last visit is that breakfast had been promised as complimentary over the phone, and it wasn't honoured on-site. This was the only problem that we encountered.

Overall, very pleased with this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel numerous times and have given it good reviews. However, this time I wasn't impressed. We stayed there because of the location, we were pulling a trailer. We checked in at 8:40 and thought we'd relax at the hot tub. The pool closes at 9:00! That's way to early when you are paying the high price. Then we got to the room and it stunk so bad like smoke. I should've called down and demanded a different room but I was exhausted. Thought I'd have a bath since the hot tub was closed. No tub. Just stand up shower. Was going to order wine through room service but then read the fine print with the steep taxes on room service. It wasn't until the next day that I noticed there was offsale at the back of the hotel. There was nothing in the room letting one know that though. The room was also EXTREMELY hot.

Booking was odd too. Our Federation has negotiated a $135 for a standard room or $154 for a king. The hotel could not find this deal so they gave me gov't rate of $159 ($179 after tax) so that was disappointing. I called our Federation who negotiated the deal to let them know they need to call the hotel.

Upon checkout I said that our room stunk like smoke VERY bad. She apologized but didn't give me a discount. I should've asked for one.

All in all, the location worked for pulling a trailer but I was irritated about the rest of my stay. I should've complained at the moment but like I said I was exhausted.

Room Tip: Room 215 smells like smoke
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wns141
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I recently stayed at the Four Points for 5 days while on business. My room was very clean and well attended. The bed was warm with a large duvet and comfortable. The bathroom with towels and accessories met every need. The staff were friendly and courteous and couldn't have been more helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for the kind words! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our staff are among our best assets and we are thrilled to hear you found them courteous and helpful. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Saskatoon!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This hotel is located on the south edge of Saskatoon in a new area called Stonebridge. The location is convenient if you are golfing at the Willows but beyond that I'm not sure why you would want this location. It is in the middle of one of those shopping districts that gets built in new suburbs - Walmart, Home Depot, etc. When I'm on the road for work I don't need to buy lumber but I do like a bar or a movie theatre within walking distance.

There is a small lounge in the hotel that appears to be there to allow them to have offsale. There is also a Brown's Social Club restaurant a little ways away.

The location is a negative for me.

The hotel is long and narrow so you always seem to be a long ways from the elevator which can be a plus or a minus depending on your view point.

The gym has free weights and a few cardio machines. Nothing special, could use a few benches to work with the weights. There is a pool but I didn't visit it.

The room is clean and up to date. A few negatives:
- the chair at the desk would not move on the carpet and when I forced it the chair actually started to tip. The chair itself also was not the best for working in.
- I tried local calls but it appeared that the phone did not work, I used my cell instead but would have preferred free local calling
- why does the closet bar run from front to back? Who thought this was a good idea? You can see exactly one thing hanging up - whatever is in front.
- there is only a shower, no tub

Overall the hotel us decent at about $125. At the rate I paid it is overpriced.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business