“Great hotel for price with friendly staff”

Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon
Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The staff at this hotel are all super friendly and As I use this hotel often for business most staff great me by name now which is very nice of them to do. The location can be viewed in a few ways. It's an area that is close to residential and many services such as restaurants, big box stores and convenience stores. It's right off of the circle drive freeway that can take you anywhere in Saskatoon you need to go in 15 minutes or less. Not for people working downtown as there are better options in the core. But for where I work in the east end I can get there quickly. Rooms are newer and bathrooms are modern. Beds are very comfortable. Parkin is free. Wifi is free for star woods members in room. Temperature and noise can be issues at times. Call ahead to get AC going if summer and you like a cooler room.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank John K
Clyde B, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

We agree with the comments offered by the guest. Saskatoon is a growing city and many changes are to be expected. Ours is the first hotel on the east side of the city in the new Stonebridge area. Many businesses have since gone up around us, and the expectation is that many more will fill the spaces once ocuupied by wheat and other crops. A shopping mall is next door along with banks, restaurants and many other outlets to satisfy the shopper

Reviewed February 19, 2013

At a stay here in November, I had booked online a rate that included a voucher for appetizers and a bottle of wine. I didn't check out at the front desk the next morning as I was in a hurry. So, I was surprised when my credit card statement came and I was overcharged $50 (that is about the cost of the appetizers and wine I ordered). Since I no longer had the reservation e-mail, I was SOL!!!! Make sure you either check out at the front desk or keep your e-mail until your credit card bill comes! I even called the hotel and they could do nothing and weren't helpful at all.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gart1900
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here Feb 9-10/13 for a quick weekend trip to Saskatoon. This was the closest hotel to the Greenbryre golf club where we were meeting friends for a function, which was the primary reason I stayed here. Hotel front desk staff is very friendly, eager to help; check in was no problem. We stayed in a 2nd floor room with a king sized bed. Room size is good, not so cramped as with many other hotels, layout is typical, nothing special. Bed is comfortable. The décor in this hotel confused me. It’s an eclectic mix that doesn't work, in my opinion, and parts of it looked cheap and shoddy. The bathroom is just a problem, it doesn't work well at all. Large glass enclosed shower, but no tub; not good for kids, there was no mention of this when I booked. The vanity is small and is a material that already looked rough and worn out, no room for toiletries, and definitely not a big enough bathroom for 2 people to get ready at the same time. The faucet is an oversized goose-neck type which hangs so far over the sink that water gets everywhere just trying to wash your face! Poor design. Towels are kept in cheap plastic “wicker” baskets under the sink, you have to dig through to get the size you’re looking for. Coffee maker is a single cup brewer in the side of a large armoire with *no* lighting; it’s awkward, and I ended up spilling an entire cup of coffee trying to get it out from the brewer. And the elevators…yeesh. To get from 2nd the main floors, we ended up being taken to every floor of the hotel - really irritating. This was an ok hotel, but nowhere near central or Midtown, so likely won’t stay again. The price was way too high for this location and type of hotel…can stay at the Bess for just $12 more/night and be much more conveniently located in a much nicer hotel. Great for hockey tournies and groups, I’d think.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Melozia

The guest is correct in some respects. If you wish to be downtown and be close to "everything" then this is not the hotel and the place to be; however, for those who wish to be close to THE WILLOWS, DAKOTA DUNES CASINO, PRAIRIELAND, WESTERN DEVELOPMENT MUSEUM, THE GERMAN CLUB and a four sheet ice rink at GRASSWOOD, then give us a try. Enjoy free parking and internet, unlkie other hotels. Room cost is only one aspect of the price paid. The city must grow in every respect. Choices must be had.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice for business. My biggest con is the only room with a bathtub is an accessible room which i don't want to use just in case someone else needs it. I have a baby and to shower with a slippery baby is difficult. I hate the hardwood also because of the click click click of the peoples shoes in the room on the floor above me which makes it difficult to sleep. You also hear the hallway noise very clear. The food is okay. The service at the front desk is great. At check out they did not want to give me a receipt. Pool is pretty chilly but hot tub is great. Rooms are huge which is great, but the tile in the shower and bathroom could use a good scrub. I have definitely stayed in nicer hotels for the same price even in Saskatoon.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

We thank the guest for her feedback. The only occasion on which folios are not given to a guest is when a booking is made through a third part - Expedia, for example, or is a direct bill to the group or company. Noise and other perceived inconveniences effect different people in different ways. Our sincerest apology

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel is very clean. Staff is very helpful. Rooms are very comfortable and you don't have to blow your nose not stuffy. Rooms are very comfortable and walk in showers. Rooms are very large. The coffee room & the coffee in the rooms was great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

The guest has obviously experienced that which we intend to be - a great guest experience.. Thank you for the kind words

Reviewed January 9, 2013

It was my first time ever staying at a Four Points. I had no idea what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised to find very welcoming staff, and a very clean spacious room. The price I booked the room for was also very awesome for such a new hotel. I had an early morning start, so I am not sure if there was a breakfast included with my stay. There are a bunch of places to eat right around the hotel. and a Timmy's right across the street with is always a plus.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the kind words. We are pleased that you enjoyed you stay with us and trust that you make Four Point by Sheraton "your hotel" when visiting Saskatoon

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Having recently stayed at the FPS Calgary Airport (which I gave a glowing review), I had pretty high expectations for this location. Well, it was certainly a step down. This is basically a nicer motel, with much to reccomend it. The rooms are a good size, beds very comfortable, wi-fi worked well. There is no safe for your laptop and our room only had a shower. But there was a small fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board.

Probably the biggest disappointment was the pool which closes at 9 and only opens its waterslide for a few hours on Sundays. Really, if you put a waterslide on your web page, it should actually be open sometime each day.

Front desk staff were helpful. Room service was mediocre. Mostly because they wrapped the breakfasts in cling wrap before putting the covers on the plates and the steam made everything soggy.

Sidewalks were never cleaned the whole time we were there, so walking in the from the parking lot was tricky.

The surrounding area is rapidly developing, but right now there are few sit-down restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family