“very good” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Vancouver Island, Canada
“very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

This hotel lives up to the Sheraton Four Points reputation. Very clean and the most comfortable beds available for this style of hotel. Short drive to 8th with numerous restaurants and the like. Only real thing I would change is have them open the pool later than 9pm. After a long day of driving by the time we got something to eat there was little time to use the pool. Most other places are open until 10 or 11.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Clyde B, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. The next time that you are in the city, please let us direct you to the many restaurant choices nearby.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

We only stayed a couple of nights for a wedding and it was very nice. Fairly new hotel in the business area. Close to shops and especially close to where we needed to be for the wedding. Restaurant could be better. Has a pool but did not use and heard it closes early. Still a great stay!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Clyde B, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Four Points welcomes any suggestions offered by our guests. Do let us know if we have fallen short of your expectations. Thank you for the kind words, and do come back and see us again.
Hinton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

To be honest I've stayed in a lot of hotels since and even though it's been less than a month I don't remember a lot about this hotel.

What I do remember is the rooms were very comfortable and we had good service.

I don't have anything bad to say about this hotel and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank fscobie
Thank you, and we do want to see you again. Cheers!
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was my 3rd time staying in a Four Points and it didn't disappoint. Like the others before it, it was great value for money. It was much cheaper then staying at the Sheraton downtown. This hotel is located on the outskirts of the city with lots of restaurants and shopping near by.

The rooms were large, comfortable, and clean. There is also nice pool with a water-slide which was a nice feature. The staff were eager to help and quite friendly. Overall I would return if ever in Saskatoon again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We thank the guest for his kind words. As we strive to ensure "total satisfaction" for our guest, we will continue to do the little things that encourage them to come back and stay with us.
jillsicle05
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

BOOKING: I tried to book by phone and it was a bit of a hassle. The first time I called, I was told there were no rooms, but I had difficulty communicating with the staff who I spoke with, as I don't think English was her first language (usually not a big deal, but I don't know if she understood what I was asking for). Anyways, I called back again and then was told there was only room for one of the two nights. When I asked about rates and explained I would also be asking for the government discount (for my workplace) then there was a room available for both nights (?). I was just happy to have a room, as my coworkers had already booked there.

FIRST IMPRESSION: Although it was actually quite a bit cheaper (-$50) than some of the 'downtown' hotels, it was an excellent value for the money. The price was the main reason why we chose to stay there, although our conference was downtown. The hotel is quite new. It's very professional and modern looking and I noticed it seemed cleaner than average. Front desk staff were very polite and helpful, although there was a minor language barrier with a few. There is an offsale and bar out the back, which was super convenient.

LOCATION: I liked that this hotel was right next to some box stores - Home Sense, La Senza, Adidas Outlet, Reitmans. We ate at Tony Roma's, which was a 2 minute walk from the door. There were also some restaurants and businesses across the street. As far as getting to our conference, it was certainly out of the way and took 20 minutes or so to drive (construction) but we booked knowing this and the lower rates made it worth it. It was not a noisy area of town.

ROOM: The room was also very 'modern' - looked crisp and clean. I wasn't a big fan of the bathroom, which was glaringly white and somewhat institutional looking. The bathroom vanity was also so deep that you couldn't really get a close look in the mirror (to put on mascara) without leaning way over. The bed was super soft and I liked the linens - soft, but not heavy. I am an extremely light sleeper and can't handle any light in the room in the morning - the curtains did the job well. I usually sleep with earplugs, but can still often hear noises - I heard nothing at this hotel.

POOL: We used the hot tub and pool the first night, not realizing it closed at 9. It was almost 9 when we donned our suits and then saw the sign, but the staff were accomodating and said they'd let us have an extra 15 minutes. The pool looked a lot older than the hotel, but it could have been the navy/white colour scheme that was not as modern. It was certainly clean and well kept. The pool has a graduated depth and there was a water slide. Hot tub was hot - probably would have seated 8 or so.

OVERALL: I was pleased with the Four Points. I have stayed at a lot of hotels for work and vacations and this is near the top of my list. I would stay there again. Staff were very smiley and helpful, ammenities were nearby. I especially appreciated the slightly lower rates for a hotel that's almost brand new.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Clyde B, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
We thank the guest very much for his understanding, and his kind words about our hotel where value for money is the hallmark. We are also pleased that he liked and enjoy the staff.
Regina, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

I was told it was wheelchair accessible room when I booked this. Unfortunately I was unable to have a bath or shower because It was not really set up for a person with a disability. They had a shower chair but no shower wand to use, with very pour access to get in or out and the tub is very high. Its just a normal tub. I just want to warn others with disabilities that a different hotel would have better rooms to accommodate people with disabilities. I also didn't get much sleep because you could hear everything outside the room, like other people have stated in other reviews. And the sound of the A/C unit was terrible. I thought this was a new hotel did they buy second had AC's. Very poor construction. Could not wheel around to good, poor choice of carpet for wheelchairs. I paid allot for this room to not sleep and not being able to have a shower or bath. Very disappointing! Not recommend for wheelchair or for anyone for that matter. I feel rip off!

Room Tip: Not recommened for wheelchair guests!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Steven R

Travelers are raving about these Saskatoon hotels

Saskatoon, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and 2 kids and I stayed here for one night. Everything was fine except in the morning i got up and folded back the top comforter and found a large brown spot (size of a shoebox) on the underside of the comforter. After checking with my husband to see if the kids (still in diapers) had done any bathroom business in the hotel room, he informed me that, no, they had not had a number 2 the whole time we were at the hotel. Using my nose I deduced that it was in fact faeces. We then packed up and went to check out. I informed the lady at the front desk that one of the blankets was soiled and I wanted a refund/discount. She said no I could not get a discount as my room was already discounted because we were staying there for a wedding and got a slight discount with that. At $148 (including discount and taxes) i was not pleased and informed her again that there was poop on the blanket, she went to talk to the manager and came back and told me housekeeping would check it out and then they would email me whatever discount I would get. Needless to say, I did NOT get a discount! I had also asked if they wash the comforters after every use and she could not give me a straight answer.

I would not recommend this hotel, I suppose if I had perhaps tried a little harder and kept phoning after I got home, or perhaps if I had physically taken the manager up to the room to show her the soiled blanket then maybe they would have given me a discount, but with a 2 year old and a 3 month old I just don't have the time. Don't stay here if u don't have to!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Whit5C
Clyde B, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
"Everything was fine except in the morning...." How does one determine the cluprit.