“Creative cuisine in a stylish, modern setting”
Review of Bliss Fine Foods

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bliss Fine Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
Bliss Fine Foods is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #156 of 670 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: Canadian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Neighborhood: Nutana
Vancouver, BC
“Creative cuisine in a stylish, modern setting”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

While visiting Saskatoon, my husband and I visited Bliss with two friends who had eaten there before. We were wll impressed, and plan to go back the next time we're in town.

The space is open, minimalist and modern, with large paintings as focal pieces. The lighting and table spacing still introduced a level of intimacy, which was nice. The service was attentive but not overly so, and the food was fantastic! Between the four of us we had four separate mains and they were all delicious, with local and organic ingredients. The cocktail menu is varied and more extensive than is currently on the restaurant's website. As a tourist, I felt it was my duty to have a Saskatoon (berry) martini, and I was not disappointed. The wine list is small but varied, and is very reasonably priced.

Bliss reminded me very much of some of my favourite restaurants in my city - Raincity Grill, Cru, Brix, and Chambar. The only thing that wasn't stellar about the whole dining experience was later going to their website. The design makes it look a bit more like a retro diner, and the menus are not up to date. A very small quibble, and one that in no way detracted from our meal!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank kaybee751

Ottawa, Canada
“Not all that wonderful”
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I have to say that I was expecting more. My daughter and I went on a special occasion before attending a show at the Broadway. The food was a mixture between OK and great. The meats (steak and lamb) were both excellent. But the accompaniments were substandard. The salads were tiny, but high quality. The quinoa which came with the mains was just like quinoa in watery tomato sauce from a jar. However, the asparagus was great, but only 4 spears each?

I'm not sure I can recommend this for the price.

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank JenAnnB
Saskatchewan
“Excellent food in a great setting”
Reviewed March 31, 2011

We sat on the second floor with a view overlooking Broadway Ave.It was quite lovely.I had the fish which was superb.It came from Diefenbaker Lake so it was local.My partner had a steak which was done to perfection.Top it off with a bottle of good wine and excellent service and we had an evening to remember.I have been there for lunches and they are good as well.It is just this supper far surpassed my time there for lunch.Great job Bliss.I look forward to my next meal there.

2 Thank wac36
Medicine Hat, Canada
“nice but........”
Reviewed January 14, 2011

A lovely restaurant with an attentive server. Being a gluten free person there was little on the menu for me to chose from.

Visited September 2010
1 Thank TripMember06042014
Sask.
“Nice dining experience”
Reviewed December 21, 2010

We had a great meal. Four ladies and we all enjoyed it. The waiter was attentive and we will recommend the restaurant to friends and certainly go back.
The dining area is surrounded by windows and we were able to enjoy watching the snowy storm outside while dining. I like the feeling of this restaurant and I think it is the windows...

1 Thank Elsask