“Grilled Cheese - Breaded and Deep Fried? Yes please!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Cafe

Park Cafe
Ranked #28 of 666 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Riversdale
Saskatoon, Canada
“Grilled Cheese - Breaded and Deep Fried? Yes please!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Happened to be driving by and stopped in for lunch, as the title suggests, I had the Deep Fried Grilled Cheese. Not something I'd have every day, but an interesting treat. I had the Curried Shrimp Bisque with it and it was delicious. A little bit of spice to it and full of flavour.

My wife tried to order the Reuben but they were out of marble rye She had the Monte Cristo instead. It could have spent a little more time on the grill as the cheese was not melted all the way through, which resulted in the turkey being a bit cold and dry. It was tasty though.

The service was outstanding, and I love the decor. I would love to try their milkshakes and homemade pie on another vist, maybe not such a heavy meal so I'd have room. This was a Sunday afternoon and they were sold out of all 3 flavours of pie, not sure if this is a regular occurance or not.

I would definitely eat here again, friendly and inviting little spot.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank puck34

“GREAT, but...”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

I love this place! A hidden little gem in Saskatoon, but you have to know what you're getting into. It's not fine dining at all but rather an 'old school' little cafe with super neat decor and simple but delicious food. They have breakfast food, burgers, fish n chips, sandwiches and such. I have tried a few dishes but all in all my absolute favorite was the halibut fish n chips special they had! If they have it it's a must have! YUM!

“Amazing food, all house made!!!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

We are becoming regulars everytime we visit Saskatoon. Great all day breakfast, my spouse's fave is the pan fried pickerel, I'm a sucker for the cold smoked salmon benny. They smoke all their own meats, and even make their own ice cream!! Prices are well worth it!! Plus it looks like an old diner, so cute!

1 Thank Jlh666
Saskatoon, Canada
“Terrific greasy lunch”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Don't come here looking for health food. This is a delicious greasy burger and fries place.
They have beef bacon, which is unique in saskatoon and awesome.
I love the fries and cheese lovers HAVE to try the deep fried grill cheese.
Not a fan of the area but I go there for the staff and food :)

Saskatoon
“Sorry will not go back”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Went here based on the reviews for breakfast. Ordered eggs benny and bacon and eggs with a side of sausage. The service was terrific but the food was cold and for $35 we really should have gotten a lot more food on our plates. When I go to a restaurant I want to leave feeling full and even having some left on my plate, here everything was gone including the orange wedge. If you are looking for a big meal for breakfast, this is not the place to go. Love the interior though, 50's style. Too bad because I thought that this would have been a gem for us to go to all the time.

• Visited November 2013