“Why Pay More?”
Review of North Star Motel

North Star Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Regina
North Star Motel
Ranked #33 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed July 5, 2010

"Why pay more?" - that's what the sign says. It might be the cheapest rate in town, but I can give you so many reasons to pay more elsewhere. This place is SKETCHY! It looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months - there were several dead insects. The floor was on an angle - and this is in Saskatchewan - where it is FLAT! The screen door did not close, the pipes hung from the ceiling. The television only got two channels. I slept atop the bed for fear of bedbugs and was too afraid to use the shower. Some good words o describe this place would be: disgusting, third-world-esque and total dump. Do NOT ever go here!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
12  Thank somegalfromcan
There are newer reviews for North Star Motel

Reviewed June 25, 2010

This place is so vile. A friend and I attempted to stay the night (in sleeping bags). After about ten minutes of talking about the possibility of being raped and murdered we put our things back into the car and left, all the while being stared at by a man standing in the shadows smoking a cigarette. The woman at the front counter wouldn't even look me in the eye when I demanded a refund and said this was no place for two women to be staying.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
13  Thank VancouverKate
Reviewed May 4, 2010

It is so unbelievable that in this day and age, we allow a dump like this to continue to operate. The rooms smell bad, don't get cleaned, have no phones, my tv didn't work. I think that if any self respecting official walked into this dive they would shut it down in a heart beat. It was so bad I took my sleeping bag out of my car to sleep on top of the bed. I'm betting the floors haven't been cleaned in months. The plumbing was hanging out of the wall, the lights in my bathroom didn't work. When driving up to the place you would swear you were driving into an auto recylcing facility. I think most people would not let their dog enter these rooms.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
9  Thank Terry46
Reviewed February 3, 2010

I was in Regina in the winter and was in desperate need of a place to stay. Every hotel/motel i called was booked as there was 2 major events being held in the city that week. The only place that had a room was the north star motel. It was late, i was tired, otherwise i would of turned around and got out of there. For a moment I thought i had driven onto the Pickton farm in BC. The yard looks like a scrap yard and the light shines thru the windows becaude the blinds are busted and hangin off. I get in the tiny lil room and there is a cord from the blinds you use to tie the door shut. It doesn't close and cold air leaks in all night. The toilet falls off the base in the bathroom, which the floor is at a 10-15 degree angle. The stench is like nothing i have ever smelled before. The smoke alarms are hangin out of the wall with no power or batteries. Its freezing from the waist down. I was scared to go to sleep and afraid i wouldn't wake in the morning. I have never complained before, but this is incredible! I cant beleive, with all the regulations in place in Canada, that there is a place like this. You could only beleive it if you seen it with your own eyes. It should be burnt to the ground. Dont even stay here if its the last place in town. Go to a homeless shelter, it would be nicer, im sure.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
11  Thank dmarceton
Reviewed January 6, 2010

Rooms are something you expect to see out of the bates motel movie. We stayed there only because we ran late at a event and didn't want to wake the people we were going to stay with. Even for the few hours we were there it was a horrible experience and so wished I would of slept in the car instead. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN THIS PLACE!!!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Born_for_travels
Reviewed April 4, 2008

Everything that fell on the floor went in the garbage it was filthy. There was a dog kennel behind the hotel so I woke to barking. The door did not lock properly. No refunds allowed so we were stuck!!!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11  Thank SaskTravels