“In for stormy weather!”

Ranked #70 of 588 Restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Willow on Wascana has been a part of Regina life since 2004. We pride ourselves on the amazing and quite surprising bounty this great province has to offer. From every grain under the sun to the most flavorful vegetables you have ever tasted. We even have fresh fruit growing in the valley. The willow has worked very hard with countless families and individuals skilled in the art form known as farming. From our major meat supplier, Pine View Farms in Osler supplying us with an array of all farm animals. Our wild boar family Schneider Farm just 15 minutes outside of Regina. Local eggs, local flour and now even a local cheese artist. Our amazing produce from Heliotrope Farm in Craven, you name it chances are they grow it. All these great things we enjoy so much and transform into our own culinary masterpieces, and just picked fresh right out of the backyard. From Farm to Table, let's face it, that's the way it should be. Cheers, Chef Tim Davies
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

The service was terrible, the food was great and the interruption was due to a major storm blowing through!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Award winning chef, lovely presentation of determinedly local foods- bison, lake trout, saskatoon berries.
Smaller portions- you can then enjoy dessert.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with this restaurant. I have been several times and I have had exceptional meals and service, but the last two times I have been over the last month (once for dinner, once for lunch) have been disappointing. The menu is interesting and eclectic (as far as Regina goes), and the food when prepared has always solid to exceptional. However, the service has been frustrating to the point where we have thought strongly of walking out of the restaurant. I brought my partner to celebrate a special occasion and was looking forward to a great supper and a nice walk around Wascana. I had asked for my salad to have the pecans put in a side container as I have a pecan allergy (a severe one) but my partner loves them. Pecans were mixed in my salad, then the next salad that came out had no pecans but they forgot to bring out a side dish. We politely asked twice as we waited nearly an hour to be brought our main courses, it was never brought. Seriously?

We nearly walked out given how long we waited for our main course, we were nearly 90 minutes into the meal at this point with no main course. My partner asked to stay as she was hungry. My striploin was tasty but the fat and gristle had not been trimmed off my piece of meat, resulting in some rather chewy bites. Her fish was excellent. Our server stammered when describing the specials and was entirely unattentive to our outside table. The saving grace was the manager, who was extremely apologetic and comped our meal after I quietly described my disappointment at having what was supposed to be a special evening turn rather sour. Once we went inside (it was getting cool outside after we had waited so long) and quietly complained the service improved. A number of others waited as long as we did for their food.

We went as a large group for lunch just a week ago and the food was solid but again things were very busy and as a result the service was very slow. As a group, we waited nearly 40 minutes for our meal. For a busy workplace, that just doesn't cut it as a place that we can reliably go to for an in-and-out meal experience in the middle of the day.

I have been on several occasions when the restaurant is slow (when the weather turns cool / cold) and the food and service has been exceptional. To me, this is an issue with the restaurant and the kitchen specifically handling capacity. Hopefully they will be able to improve in the future - if they can, we'll be back in full force, as the menu is one of the most creative and interesting in the city and changes regularly.

2  Thank SmartyBoy
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was a very pleasant surprise. We were walking through the park only to discover this wonderful patio restaurant. While we only had the soup, it was truly excellent. The servers were attentive, but the service was slow. Excellence takes time, but the restaurant was not busy and one should not wait 35 minutes for soup, even if it was very good.
This restaurant is definitely worth a second visit.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Willow Restaurant on Wascana Lake in Regina has an imaginative menu composed primarily of locally grown, organic ingredients, carefully and well prepared. Their servings are generous and their servers are friendly and competent. Local pork, bison, fish and vegetables feature prominently on their menu.

The Willow is on Wascana Lake, directly across from the Saskatchewan Legislature. From their deck one gets an amazing view of clouds rolling across the endless horizon and a front-row seat to witness the glorious sunsets over the water.

Their wine list is primarily organic and quite extensive, but those from the USA and other provinces will find the prices higher than at home. Nevertheless,the Willow is well worth visiting while in Regina.