“OMG”

Ranked #24 of 607 Restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Willow on Wascana has been a part of Regina life since 2004. We pride ourselves on the amazing and quite surprising bounty this great province has to offer. From every grain under the sun to the most flavorful vegetables you have ever tasted. We even have fresh fruit growing in the valley. The willow has worked very hard with countless families and individuals skilled in the art form known as farming. From our major meat supplier, Pine View Farms in Osler supplying us with an array of all farm animals. Our wild boar family Schneider Farm just 15 minutes outside of Regina. Local eggs, local flour and now even a local cheese artist. Our amazing produce from Heliotrope Farm in Craven, you name it chances are they grow it. All these great things we enjoy so much and transform into our own culinary masterpieces, and just picked fresh right out of the backyard. From Farm to Table, let's face it, that's the way it should be. Cheers, Chef Tim Davies
Reviewed February 13, 2013

What a pretentious, overpriced rip-off.

First visit with my workmates they overcharged two people by 100% for wine. Food portions were very mediocre but taste and presentation was good.
Second time my "fresh" pulled port pancakes were frozen in the middle. The waitress took my food away, heated up what was left of my meal and didn't bring it back to me until after my dining parter had finished their meal. no apology, no explanation. The last time i went their with my family just for a drink and we had three pop and one water and gave the waiter $20 and he didnt give any change. i had to ask for my change and he was pretty miffed that i didnt give him a $11 tip. Never again!

DaveBurkeOwner, Owner at The Willow On Wascana, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Wow... that does not sound like us at all, I am so unbelievably sorry that this was your experience with us. We take great pride in our food and service and very rarely has anything like this happened... feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss further

Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you are in the market for having food prepared with a top notch chef who works with his sommelier to match daily offerings with the wine list then this is the place for you. In an industry where high end restaurants can suffer from a clash of ego it is refreshing to see how effective and fun a true partnership between wine and food can be. Front man Dave Burke (sommelier) has created an elegant and fun atmosphere for foodies to enjoy their wine and food pairings and Chef Tim has done an outstanding job in adding creative and outstanding food choices to the Regina market. Land Chowder soup is fantastic as are the three lil pigs.

I am a huge fan of the chef's choice and having the restaurant match a flight of wine with same. Price is a little on the high side for the Regina market but I find the value is tremendous.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Besides excellent and unusual menu items, all beautifully prepared and presented, this is the best located restaurant in the city. On either a warm summer evening on the deck or a cold winter night from a window table, you always have lots to look at.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

The couple who dined with us, ordered a red wine. It was not in stock, the second red wine they ordered was not in stock ... They had to settle for strike three, but apparently it was a good wine ... THEY DIDN'T TELL US THE COST OF THEIR THIRD STRIKE !!!!

Our First choice from the 'WINE LIST" was a Chardonnay, you guessed it ... not in stock. Second choice was $70, more expensive than our first that was at $60. WHAT A SURPRISE!

Then the appetizer: $12 for three fish cakes, yikes! They were the size of a poker chip; three dollars each?

Main Course: My wife's chicken was good, our company's meals were tasty and enjoyable, but my bison pound was dreadful! What was it supposed to be? Bison or Bacon? Maybe more like meatloaf in a pastry shell? Then say what it is! Sad, but there was absolutely no taste whatsoever. And sad to say the best part of my meal were the whipped herb potatoes.

On the brighter side, the service was excellent ... but the food was not worth the price.

And it is interesting that each wine we first chose was not available, and when the waiter suggested another wine, he did not tell us the price of the replacement.

Oh and to finish off the evening was when the "snow removal crew" decided to use a snowblower to remove the snow off the deck; this was about 9:30, just after we finished our meal ... ready for dessert and we listened to the snowblower ...

Not very nice with customers still in the restaurant.

Although Willows has such a nice atmosphere, great setting, and most importantly, GREAT SERVICE, which I am a staunch believer of, BUT, this restaurant is one that I WILL NEVER VISIT AGAIN .... WAY TOO OVER PRICED FOR THE QUALITY OF FOOD.

3  Thank Bob N
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Beautiful location overlooking Wascana Park with a nice view of the water. Beautifully served food with presentation like no other. Very tasty and a perfect place for a nice romantic dinner or a classy gathering.