“Perfect night out and your taste-buds will NOT be disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Bodega

La Bodega
Ranked #59 of 564 Restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: Spanish, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Cathedral
Description: Welcome to La Bodega, Regina’s original tapas bar specializing in international style tapas with an emphasis on the Mediterranean quarter. One of Saskatchewan’s true jewels and a tribute to culture, cuisine, & art. La Bodega is located at 2228 Albert Street, close to the heart of downtown Regina. With four levels of patio, a private banquet room hosting up to forty people, combined with three areas of dining room and a lounge, La Bodega offers a one of kind experience. Whether you're on a romantic date for two, out for a unique family meal, part of a large celebration, or just fancy a cocktail on Regina's only tree-house patio, La Bodega is the place for you.
Regina, Canada
“Perfect night out and your taste-buds will NOT be disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is a restaurant I have been going to for years. The food is superb (try the Mushroom Strudel, lamb enchilladas, corona prawns, basil cream mussels, lobster poutine, or SPLURG and get the seafood plank for two - SUPERB). The martini menu is endless and the service is second to none. Also, they have been featuring their wine and sangria and half off. If you are visiting on a weekend, the Sunday brunch is a must (my personal favourites are the huevos rancheros, the chorizo burrito, or the egg's benedict with goat cheese and spinach). I've pretty well sampled the entire menu (which is huge) and the only things I've tried that I haven't enjoyed are the buffalo springrolls and the crabcakes. This is a very modern place that can be visited dressed-down in jeans and a tee-shirt or all glammed-up for a ladies' night on the town. It's also very romantic for couples and it is lovely to sit outside on the triple-decker deck (the "treehouse") in the summer time.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank E G

Winnipeg, Canada
“disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband, daughter and I went to this restaurant and I was very disappointed. The place smelled moldy and old.....we ordered the crab cakes....which were dry and over cooked, the mushroom stuffed pastry was greasy, it did taste ok. The lobster fries were awful. And I love lobster. The rice that came with the lamb dish the rice was plain tasting. My husband ate the lamb. He said it was a little over cooked but it tasted good. Our waitress was fairly friendly, but she never smiled, it also felt like she really didn't want to be there.....I may give it another try in a few months. I do believe a restaurant can have a bad day.....but right now this is my review. I am not saying do not eat there. Not everyone shares the same taste.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank JulieanneK95
Regina, Canada
“Tasty Food, cool atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

La Bodega is one of our little retreat spots we like to go to for tapas and good wine. The menu is always new and interesting....and so delicious!
The atmosphere is awesome....you can always find a cozy little spot to tuck away in for private conversation. Come here in the winter and enjoy a cocktail at the hand carved "ice bar"....yep! It is made of ice and is a full size bar outside.
It doesn't have a big sign out front and is easily missed as you drive by, but set your GPS and I can assure you that you will enjoy this great little spot with delicious food.

• Visited August 2013
Regina, Canada
“Looked good from the outside !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went to this Restaurant on a Friday after work the place was more then half empty. Looked like a lot of capable staff on so we stayed we had a table for 8 .
It took over 1/2 hour to get our first drink a few didn't even get there drink order taken ? We ordered all at the same time 3 meals came out within 25 min the others showed up about 15 mins later and 2 were forgotten to be put in . I would not waist my time or money going to this place again it was over priced and the service was AWFUL. Not a place I want to take clients again.

• Visited September 2013
Kelowna, Canada
“La Bodega is what other restaurants should strive to be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were in Regina for my daughter's competition and decided that a tapas restaurant would fit the bill for something different. When we called for a short notice reservation the lady answering was friendly, accommodating and helpful in letting us know how to get there. Upon our arrival we encountered a lineup to get in but were greeted by a staff member who told us to come right in as they were expecting us. We were taken and seated upstairs, away from the bar, as my girls (ages 8 and 9) were with us. The place was absolutely packed! Very quickly, we were looked after by our server Candice. All of the dishes going by looked amazing and even inspired us to order some items we weren't planning to after looking at the menu. The dishes came and were fantastic! Beautifully plated, generous amounts and most importantly, delicious! Candice and our other server (I failed to get his name) were attentive but not overbearing or hovering and made my girls and us feel welcomed and appreciated as guests. La Bodega is what other restaurants should strive to be!

• Visited October 2013