“Romantic”

Ranked #83 of 595 Restaurants in Regina
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cathedral
Description: Welcome to La Bodega, Regina’s original tapas bar specializing in international style tapas with an emphasis on the Mediterranean quarter. One of Saskatchewan’s true jewels and a tribute to culture, cuisine, & art. La Bodega is located at 2228 Albert Street, close to the heart of downtown Regina. With four levels of patio, a private banquet room hosting up to forty people, combined with three areas of dining room and a lounge, La Bodega offers a one of kind experience. Whether you're on a romantic date for two, out for a unique family meal, part of a large celebration, or just fancy a cocktail on Regina's only tree-house patio, La Bodega is the place for you.
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is a great little place to have a romantic date or just chill. The portions are smaller yet very tasty. The emphasis is on quality not quantity. Great selection of alcohol as well.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Good food but limited menu for the meat and potatoes men in my life. It is more appropriate for a night out with the girls than a restaurant to take a hungry guy to! Great atmosphere though!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We just ate at The Bodega. The service and ambience was nice. We batted 500 on the food. The Mediterranean Salad was superb: quality ingredients and lots of flavor although the carrots were brined and the salt was too strong. The Buffalo Spring Rolls- made with bison- were very good. We also ordered the seafood seviche, which was fine although the flavour was overpowered by onions and the tortilla chips they served were much too salty. The big disappointment was the monthly special, the fish meatballs. Way too fishy! I mentioned it to the server and she murmured her regrets, but nothing was done about it. Clearly not the resto policy.
Wishing reston would recognize that many of us are trying not to overdo it on the salt in line with healthy eating guidelines.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This restaurant is a great place for something a little different. Being in an old house, the atmosphere is different as soon as you enter. La Bodega has an excellent tapas and dinner menu, however we prefer the Tapas as there is lots of selection and the flavours are excellent. They have a great bar and wine list as well. You will not go wrong with this restaurant.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

There is something about La Bodega that has me beat. It seems like it has all the ingredients of an awesome place to eat and drink, but it misses the mark. I've been there four times in the hope it will turn me around (I really, really want to like this place), but it has failed.

Food: I've had Mexican soup here which lacked any taste (I ended up stealing lime off a friend's cocktail to give it some flavour), I've had pasta - passable but certainly nothing to write home about - and I've had a share platter thing (ridiculously over-priced).

Drinks: I've tried cocktails (mostly overly sweet), I've had wine at the bar (the list was lacking and the glass I got was really sub-standard) and I've had liqueurs on a winters night (that visit was the only decent drinks but the server rolled his eyes when we walked in... WHAT!?! Dude, it's only 9.30pm and YOU'RE STILL OPEN).

Service: Has been average - never great - and when I mentioned about the soup lacking flavour and gently hinted at serving it with a slice of lime, all I got was an eye roll. When I commented on a sub-par wine, I got another ambivalent "meh". Also the wine evening, we sat at the bar and the entire bottom level was greasy with deep-fry oil and we came out smelling like we were working in the kitchen of a chippy. Weird.

Four times, four fails. I can usually find something good about most places, but La Bodega has never managed to cut it for me.

1  Thank Ribbongirl