“A place of lovely food and welcoming people”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Afghan Restaurant

Afghan Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 564 Restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: Afghani, Middle Eastern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Southey, Saskatchewan, Canada
“A place of lovely food and welcoming people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

My spouse and I go there regularily. We enjoy trying the various flavorful dishes and chatting with the owners.

Visited June 2012
14 Thank Erin F

“Alwasy Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The lunch buffet is a wonderful array of ethnic food that is satisfying and delicious. The place is small so get there early so you don't miss out. Friendly, efficient staff and quaint furnishings that are comfortable. Definitely a return to place.

Visited October 2012
15 Thank Judith S
Regina, Canada
“great food, too high of price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

The food is great...the staff are wonderful, but the price is high for buffet...their decor is one to be desire and needs to updated. Definately would like a waitress to check on us every once in a while...water, drink, etc.

• Visited May 2012
11 Thank reginawoman
Montreal, Canada
“Interesting place with nice owners and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I went here not knowing what to expect, but never having eaten Afghan food I wanted to give it a try. I wish I would have made it for the lunch buffet (go between 11:30 and 2:00 if you want that--I forget how much it was, something like $12 for all you can eat) but I was too late and since it was a holiday weekend the restaurant was closed on Monday. It did give me a chance to try something from the menu, and I had Mento. They describe it as similar to won ton, to me it was like an Afghan version of meat ravioli. It was extremely tasty--I ordered a side of naan to go with it once I saw the plate because I didn't want any of the delicious sauce going to waste! They must have thought I was famished because I downed the entire plate within ten minutes or so but it was really good; I couldn't help myself.
I did find the decor a bit odd so perhaps they could work on that, but the food I had really hit the spot and was very good, and that was why I went.
If you want to try something different, you should give this place a try.

• Visited October 2012
13 Thank Canuckker
“good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

The food here is really good but they have to get rid of the odd decor and get some proper chairs and tables. Plus the service is really strange, maybe a cultural barrier.

Visited September 2012