“Hearty food in a relaxed down-to-earth environment”
Review of Bushwakker Brewpub

Bushwakker Brewpub
Ranked #5 of 599 Restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The Bushwakker has been around for a quarter century and is known as one of the pioneers of craft beer in North America. It's corporate philosophy is to seek excellence in beer, food, service and a relaxing ambiance. The fact that it has become a Regina icon over those years suggests that it has succeeded. If you seek the ultimate Regina experience, you'll find it at the Bushwakker.
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My wife and I occasionally visit the Bushwakkers Brewing Co on Dewdney Avenue in Regina, partly because we feel comfortable with the clientele demographics (adults of all ages, we are late 50's) and partly because of the relaxed informal vibe. They feature live music on Mon and Wed with a wide variety of genres.
We were attended to by a nice waitress who was patient and took the time to explain the specials, and answer questions about the various beers on tap. We were surprised that she offered to bring samples of a couple of varieties as we were undecided. In a few minutes she returned with small mini glasses of two kinds of beers (four glasses all together because my wife had samples as well) and we opted with the Irish Red which had good definition and a more malty flavour.

I ordered one of the specials, which was a Blackened Chicken ciabatta with a side of Washington soup (a cream soup with some potato, bacon, etc). I was very pleased with my sandwich, a good balance of veggies with blackened chicken which had quite a powerful punch. It was a good thing there wasn't more chicken as I normally avoid hot foods, but as I mentioned, the sandwich ingredients balanced out the hotness very well. The soup was hearty and provided a good complement to the sandwich.

My wife was in the mood for a hearty meal and ordered a combination plate with sauerkraut, perogies, sausage, and cabbage roll. She enjoyed her plate, but commented that the cabbage roll was a little heavy on the meat and the farmer's sausage was not exactly to her tastes (she is quite picky when it comes to farmer's sausage). Overall, though, she enjoyed the food and left satisfied (her plate was clean). The Irish Red beer we ordered perfectly complemented the meal.

We were there Mon evening, and the restaurant at about 6 PM was moderately busy. The restaurant as a whole as a sort of British country inn feel. Because of the ceiling material which reflects sound, the place can get quite noisy at times when the restaurant is busy, so if you're looking for a quiet environment, then this is probably not the place. However, if you enjoy a little buzz and a down to earth meal, then this is a great place to unwind or meet friends.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is a great Brew Pub in Regina. It is very busy after work hours on Wed through Fri. They have a great selection of different beers brewed right on site. The menu is great with lots of choices. A great appetizer are the Nachos. Hard to make it pass those. A favorite of ours and our friends.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Always a pleasure going here...portions are generous and the food always maintains its quality no matter how often I go. Food is inventive pub food, and the atmosphere is distinct and warm.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I wish we came here more often. The burgers and the beer are the best - and I rarely order burgers and beer. I've never been disappointed here except when it was full and we couldn't get a table. The service and food are consistently great.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

You will leave Bushwakkers happy well fed and feel like you have experienced an atmosphere that isn't cookie cutter like the chain restaurants. It's a great atmosphere, great live music and good food. The food is nothing Fantastic but it is good. Love this place because of the feeling I get when I'm there. Another great thing about it is, the fact that you will find 20 year olds there and you will find 70 year old there. Every generation loves it and it's neat that they can mix. Please go, you will enjoy it.