“Excellent food in regina”

13th Avenue Food & Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 23 Coffee & Tea in Regina
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Cathedral
Description: The 13th Avenue Coffee House is situated in the heart of the Cathedral area at 3136 13th Avenue. They are proud to serve locally roasted beans from Roca Jacks, teas from Cuppa T and locally grown produce whenever possible. With new owners and a new chef they are bringing bold and exciting ideas to the palate of customers looking for a local restaurant that caters to those with special food allergies and looking to eat on the healthy side. Everything on their menu is prepared from scratch from their gluten free baking to old favorites like the Moroccon Marrakesh stew and delicious veggie burgers to name a few.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I try to go at least twice a week and the food is always fantastic and the atmosphere is very casual. Try the wasabi salad dressing and just about any of the veggie burgers but everything i have tried has been excellent and not expensive either.

1  Thank stu x
Dalton F, Owner at 13th Avenue Food & Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review as we appreciate it a lot! We try to provide healthy eating options with as many local ingredients as we can source yet keep the pricing affordable. Thanks for supporting us and drop in anytime! Cheers

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I make sure to make a weekly visit to my favorite Cathedral Village daytime restaurant. Great vegetarian options and the food is nice and fresh. There's a reason why this place keeps getting voted "Best of" in the Prairie Dog food review for several years. The atmosphere is comfortable enough to go on your own. Take a book and relax. Enjoy the patio in the summertime.

1  Thank Taradog66

Thank you for the kind words Tara, we appreciate the review! We value our loyal customers and if there is anything you'd like to suggest to us, just send me an email to veghead@13thavecoffee.com. Cheers

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We haven't been here for a while but we drop in cause our good friend Alex, worked here for a little over 7 months. We wanted to check out the new stuff that Alex's told us was done to the place.

Food was good there was 3 of us had the turkey sandwhich, power salads and lucky bowel and one had coffee and was good.

We may be back.

Thanks for dropping in and trying us out! Alex will be missed as she always had a positive attitude and worked hard..... We wish her well in her future endeavours. Hopefully you'll stop in again and try something new. Thanks for supporting us! Cheers

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've eaten here several times, mainly back in the summer and finally had a chance to visit after the renovations. It was more like redecorating rather than renovations. Some new paint that brightens up the place and new chairs...I miss the older chair which gave the place some character. Other than that, the place does look cleaner and looks the same.

I wanted to try their chili so i ordered after a long wait with no one in front of me. They were out of the delicious corn bread which usually comes with the dish...the chili was still delicious. Coffee on the other hand...

I had a mocha, my stand by, but the bite of the coffee still came through. Mochas should be smooth, sweet and a bit of smokey coffee making is warm and comfortable. However, this coffee stated like it was over roasted or stale, it was hard to tell. Unfortunately I had to leave the cup 3/4 full as I couldn't finish it.

While the visit wasn't as good as my experiences before, I'll try again and look for improvement.

2  Thank PracticalDude
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have been here before but not for while and the place looks great inside! Staff told me the owners replaced all the tables/chairs new, flooring, paint and completely redid the kitchen area, it even smells clean. I've always been a big fan of the marakesh stew and green curry bowl but i decided to try something new. The blue veggie burger was awesome and the red thai soup was great with fresh thai basil on top:) I would recommend this place if you like healthy homemade food and great fresh coffee. I will be back with my friends as they serve many local beers & wines which i did not realize; they are Reginas only licensed coffee shop.