“Thanks to Alex”

Cuisines: Canadian, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Cathedral
Description: The 13th Avenue Coffee House is situated in the heart of the Cathedral area at 3136 13th Avenue. They are proud to serve locally roasted beans from Roca Jacks, teas from Cuppa T and locally grown produce whenever possible. With new owners and a new chef they are bringing bold and exciting ideas to the palate of customers looking for a local restaurant that caters to those with special food allergies and looking to eat on the healthy side. Everything on their menu is prepared from scratch from their gluten free baking to old favorites like the Moroccon Marrakesh stew and delicious veggie burgers to name a few.
Saskatchewan
“Thanks to Alex”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We haven't been here for a while but we drop in cause our good friend Alex, worked here for a little over 7 months. We wanted to check out the new stuff that Alex's told us was done to the place.

Food was good there was 3 of us had the turkey sandwhich, power salads and lucky bowel and one had coffee and was good.

We may be back.

• Visited February 2013
Dalton F, Owner at 13th Avenue Food & Coffee House, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thanks for dropping in and trying us out! Alex will be missed as she always had a positive attitude and worked hard..... We wish her well in her future endeavours. Hopefully you'll stop in again and try something new. Thanks for supporting us! Cheers

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Lost Some Luster...”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've eaten here several times, mainly back in the summer and finally had a chance to visit after the renovations. It was more like redecorating rather than renovations. Some new paint that brightens up the place and new chairs...I miss the older chair which gave the place some character. Other than that, the place does look cleaner and looks the same.

I wanted to try their chili so i ordered after a long wait with no one in front of me. They were out of the delicious corn bread which usually comes with the dish...the chili was still delicious. Coffee on the other hand...

I had a mocha, my stand by, but the bite of the coffee still came through. Mochas should be smooth, sweet and a bit of smokey coffee making is warm and comfortable. However, this coffee stated like it was over roasted or stale, it was hard to tell. Unfortunately I had to leave the cup 3/4 full as I couldn't finish it.

While the visit wasn't as good as my experiences before, I'll try again and look for improvement.

2 Thank PracticalDude
Regina
“Love the renovations and new soups!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have been here before but not for while and the place looks great inside! Staff told me the owners replaced all the tables/chairs new, flooring, paint and completely redid the kitchen area, it even smells clean. I've always been a big fan of the marakesh stew and green curry bowl but i decided to try something new. The blue veggie burger was awesome and the red thai soup was great with fresh thai basil on top:) I would recommend this place if you like healthy homemade food and great fresh coffee. I will be back with my friends as they serve many local beers & wines which i did not realize; they are Reginas only licensed coffee shop.

Regina
“A Steady Decline”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have been visiting this place since February 2011 ( we moved to Regina at that time and were living in Cathedral). It was perfect! A quirky, independent restaurant with a unique menu. However, since the summer of 2012, this place has been deteriorating in every department. I don't think they clean their tables, floor or cutlery properly. I am okay with quirky, but lack of hygeine is unacceptable. The service was excellent during 2011. We even remember the waitresses-Kelly and Roxanna. They were excellent! But, right now the service is half-hearted at best. Finally, the food. Disgusting at our last visit. We were regular customers for almost 2 years. Sorry owners, you are not getting our 30 dollars/ 2 weeks. Adios.

3 Thank ReginaDocT
Dalton F, Owner at 13th Avenue Food & Coffee House, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I'm sorry that your recent experience was not enjoyable. We had changed cleaning companies twice since summer of 2012 as they were not doing a proper job. We closed down for 3 weeks over Xmas and renovated the entire place including a complete cleaning from ceiling down to floors! We reopened Jan 8th and have received alot of compliments on the renovations and cleanliness. Hopefully you can give us another chance!

Kelly & Roxanne are missed as they were great members of the coffee house team! Please email me at dalton@13thavecoffee.com to discuss your concerns about the coffeehouse. Thanks
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Exceptional Experience”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I love their Lucky Bowl, although the coffee in 2013 is not great. If you are going there for coffee I'd recommend considering somewhere else.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Colleen S
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are constantly striving to provide quality food with fresh & healthy ingredients to our customers. We recently started getting fresh locally roasted coffee beans in weekly and will be focusing 2013 on improving our coffee and tea areas! Thanks for the support :)