“Average steak resturant” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Diplomat Steakhouse

The Diplomat Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Diplomat Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 561 Restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Phoenix, Arizona
“Average steak resturant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

the atmosphere was back in time which was good but for the prices I would not return! - steak was cooked ok but not correct and for the price should have been much better!

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“Wonderful Step Back in Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were looking for a good dinner and tried the Diplomat based on Trip Advisor reviews. What a find. The Diplomat is an old fashioned, great service steak house. The decor reminded me of the opulent dining establishments of the past, with rich dark colors and velvet cushions. I started with the beef barley soup followed by a pepper sirloin. Both were wonderfully flavorful. My husband had the beef stroganoff prepared table side. He enjoyed it very much. Our waiter was wonderful. He explained items on the menu, was very attentive and gave us tips on things to see and do while in Canada. He was very intent on making our dining experience special. I'd like to have a similar restaurant in my hometown.

Visited July 2013
White Rock, Canada
“Not thrilled...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Diplomat is a traditional old-school steakhouse... It has pictures of all the Canadian Prime Ministers... But I found the food really lacking this time. I asked for a prime rib and they gave me a rib steak. I asked for rare to medium and it came medium-well. For the value, I'll go somewhere else next time.

Visited June 2013
“Nice place wirh good Options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

The rearaurant style is nice and the environment comfortable.
The food was well prepared and the menu offers good variety
Worthy to try

• Visited June 2013
Moose Jaw, Canada
“Great food, great value, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband & I went to The Diplomat with his parents and everyone loved it. Very comfortable, good lighting & best of all- no dress code. Still has that old 70's style resturaunt look but at least it doesn't look warn out. Nice if you're going out with older family members who remember & like that sort of thing.
Our server was an older man, very friendly, knowledgeable & attentive but not in an awkward pretentious way like Golf's.
Prices are average & the quality of the food is high. Thier steak is amazing! Cooked the way you order it & served with garlic butter that just adds amazing flavour. I did wish they has baked or mashed potatoes, I had to get thier garlic fries but they were good.
Was also a little disapointed in the dessert menu too. The flambé is for a min 2 people. If one person wants a $13 dessert they should be allowed the option. So my husband missed out on dessert on his birthday.

• Visited March 2013