“Tasty but dated!”

Memories Fine Dining
Ranked #4 of 571 Restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: Greek, Canadian, Soups, International
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Core
Description: Proudly serving the world since June 1989. Come in and enjoy a nice meal in our dining room or a lighter pub style menu in our lounge that offers the greatest selection of single malt scotches in the province. We also have 2 big TVS in our lounge for you to enjoy all sporting events excluding ppvs. Great wine list that offers over 130 selections. We are in the process of major renovations which will be completed by the end of June and believe us when you see the finished product you will be very impressed.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Tasty but dated!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was impressed with the flavors this place provided, especially the roasted red pepper and tomato soup. Their service was great at dinner but at breakfast it was seriously lacking.

I do think they are trying to hard to be fancy as many of their fancy efforts were unnecessary and went unnoticed by myself and other patrons. I would suggest getting rig of the silver plat that acts like a place mat, toss the "bird of paradise" table arrangement and forget the dangling candle! Also, table side meat cooking could be entertaining but i would ditch it!.

• Visited January 2013
OlympiakaraRegina, Owner at Memories Fine Dining, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear guest.

Thank you for your comments.

I am glad that you enjoyed our food, our quality of our food always have had great flavours, it's our way of cooking.

Sorry that your service for breakfast was not as great as the evening service, our staff are the greatest asset of our business, perhaps a very busy morning ???

As for our decor, every 4 - 5 years we are going through remodelling but there are a few things that really can not be changed, especially the wood because this is a trademark for our dining room as well as for our FAMOUS Canadian Pea soup.

The Flambe dishes has always have been something that our clients come back again and again and again.

As for the silver plates are really charger plate that makes our tables looking extra great, the comments that we have been getting for the table settings our most wonderful and far way to many to take them off.

Memories is a very romantic name and our guests have enjoy many special occasions with us, so the candles and the bird of paradise and now the new ones compliment the table setting very nicely.

Please let us know the next time so we can make tyour table a bit more ordinary so you can enjoy both good food and service.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Regina, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Truly a Memorable Experience!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I recently held my 30th birthday dinner at Memories on January 11, 2013. From the moment we arrived, even though we were a tad fashionably late due to the winter weather conditions, Thomas (the owner) and his crew were nothing but pleasant, kind and great conversationalists! Prior to booking, I had looked on their website and watched their promo video so I was interested in the private 14-person banquet room with customized menu option (at no additional cost) - just to make the night a little extra unique for my guests. The appetizers included: calamari or greek ribs; salad: tossed garden salad or choice of pea or clam chowder soup; main entree: choice of prime rib, chicken corfu and mediterrean steak; and for dessert: caramel peacan pie! I choose the calamari - great size, clam chowder soup - greatest in Regina and the mediterrean steak which was delectable with shrimp and scallop screwer! The mashed potatoes perfection as well! The pecan pie was also delicious and not overly too sweet! The selection of wines is also another feature that this great Grecian establishment should pride itself on and one of the staff even came and provided his expert sommolier opinion, pending on your dinner option of course. For the quality of food, wine selections and authentic atmosphere - the price is right! At gift opening time, Thomas even gifted me with a small bottle of champagne that was personalized with my name and date on it, obviously a memento that I will cherish for years to come! Not to mention that afterwards, guests had the option to hang in the lounge which was spacious and relaxing! You would not expect to recieve the type of one-on-one customer experience at trendier spots or typical restaurants that my age demographic would have selected in Regina...that's a fact! That was the reason why I chose Memories (yes because of the name and that having been there for lunch once before) so that my friends could enjoy an evening of friendship and fine dining but the exceptional customer service, was icing on the cake! I would highly recommend this venue as a dinner spot for birthday celebrations (for all ages), anniversaries, special occasions or even with lunch with friends/colleagues. The owner and staff truly provided an A-list experience! A huge thank you to Thomas, Tom and the rest of the Memories staff for making my birthday celebrations a truly magical evening!!!

• Visited January 2013
OlympiakaraRegina, Owner at Memories Fine Dining, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Cherish.

I can not thank you enough for your wonderful and extensive comments and for taking your time to tell the world all about us.

It was a real pleasure having and serving your fun group.

You can expect nothing less than you got for as long as I will be involve with Memories.

Tom was very very happy looking after you, he expressed his gratitude for your kind comments.

We are looking forward having you back for some more great MEMORIES.

Once again thank you so much.

Regina, Canada
“1st class experience all the way!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

It had been many years since I had been to Memories and I really don't know why! Tonight we were looking for a special place to have dinner and we found everything we were looking for at Memories.
The staff were all wonderful - knowledgeable, friendly, courteous and professional. Our meals were excellent! Top quality and prepared exactly to order.
The atmosphere was quiet and intimate. There were people at tables on either side of us but it was as if we had the restaurant to ourselves.
If you are looking for exceptional service and a top rate meal, Memories is your best choice in Regina. It may have been many years since my last visit but it won't be as many until my next!

• Visited January 2013
OlympiakaraRegina, Owner at Memories Fine Dining, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Guests.

Thank you so much for your wonderful and very kind comments.

We are very very happy of your experiences.

Since day one when we opened Memories we wanted to be very different from all others, i think that we have succeed.

Where others are trying to pack you in and get as many more customers as they can get even they know that can not handle, we offer you the comfort level that one can expect from a fine dining place.

We have staff that understand the importance of giving our customers the very best .

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Once again thank you so much for letting the world know about us.

Shaunavon
“Perfect, Perfect, Perfect!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

What an amazing place! Greeted at the door and seated right away. They unfold the napkins and place them on your lap, then light a candle for you. This seems to be a forgotten skill in this industry. As soon as we were seated we felt like we were someone special. We ordered drinks and took our time discussing the menu and the beautful atmosphere we were in. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine and made recomendations that made our evening a success. Just go here! Sit back and relax like we did! The server asked us what we liked and didnt like and made suggestions for us. Follow their lead and enjoy a classy experience. We finished our meal with a dessert that was cooked at our table. Old world class and modern day charm is what this place is about. Thank you for making our time a "Memory" that we will never forget.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Rick H
OlympiakaraRegina, Owner at Memories Fine Dining, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for your Great and very kind comments.

You have just hit the nail on the wall to who really we are.

Since day one our number one priority is you the customer and has continue to be the number one priority.

We are all about YOU, your comfort and the ability to make you feel like a king or a princess.

We will continue to do that and we do know and understand that some times we will make an honest mistake and believe me it will be honest one.

We are always here to fix any situation that maybe coming up.

It would take a real off day for us to make some one unhappy, we are totaly a team effort in order to make sure that we get comments like yours.

The REAL STARS thought are our wonderful staff,they deserve all these accolades, they make our job so much easier because the have adopted our service mentality since the very begging, that's why most of them have been here for so long.

There is no better feeling for the guest to be able of coming here for the last 24 years and feel so comfortable.

It has been such a great feeling for our guests to come in on a regular bases and to know that Scott, Susan ,Chris.Nik,Jordan, Alyssa and all the others will be here ready to serve and to have a nice talk with them and even talk in a personal bases.

We are a GREAT FAMILY like team.

We are looking so forward for your next visit, please make sure that you make yourself known to us, we do not only want to have you as a client but to really be our friend.

That's how we are with the majority of our clients.

Once again thank you so much for your wonderful comments.

DORINTOSH
“Great Food, definitely not a greasy spoon!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

The food was great, but hard on the budget. Only go eat there in special occasions, then it is memorable.

OlympiakaraRegina, Owner at Memories Fine Dining, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear guest.

Yes we have become that special place for all these special occasions and I hope that we have deserved that.

We are a great place with very good prices of what we offer.

Just yesterday i was in a very casual noisy place that my glass of wine cost me $12.50 plus taxes, in our place costs $8.00.

All other dining rooms in our type of cousine i would say that they are about $3.00-5.00 more expensive in simular dishes.

We charge for our half Greek Chicken $25.00 where most others for $25.00 you get a small breast of chicken.

I am very glad that you enjoy our place and we promise you that you will enjoy the same fine servise and cousine in your next visit.

Thank you once again for your kind comments.

We are looking forward to your next visit..