“Kinda dissappointed this time.....” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Keg Steakhouse & Bar - CLOSED

Keg Steakhouse & Bar
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Regina, Canada
“Kinda dissappointed this time.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have always thought of The Keg as my go to restaurant for a great Steak. So when we had company from the US, what better place to take them for a special supper! Well.....gotta say, someone let the ball drop this time, never been so disappointed. First off, for a table of 4, they brought one bun, sectioned in 4! Really!! We ordered the scallop/bacon starter, it came with 3 skewers of 2....definitely not enough for 4, but yet we weren't told that! Then two of us ordered the Pecan crusted Sirloin....and it doesn't come with a starter salad and a Potato, you get one or the other??????? For $27.00 ea. they can't give you both????? Even Smitty`s gives you both! Then the side veggie was 2 sticks of Asparagus (?) and one was tiny and dried up! We all ordered steak, and only one out of 4 was cooked correctly! We chewed and chewed and chewed, that's when our waitress finally showed up to ask how things were. The manager then came out, and seemed annoyed that we didn't say something sooner.....to who?? No one checked on us!! She also tried to tell me, that no where you go, gives you a started salad and a baked potato with your meal.....PLEASE...we eat out plenty, and it's never been an issue!!!!! We ordered a side of mushrooms, and they were absolutely tasteless!!!! Just cooked in butter, so garlic, no lemon, nothing! Gotta say, lookin for a new "go to" place for special events!

• Visited July 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Good steak, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

The steak was well-prepared and tasty. Not as good as a more dedicated steakhouse, but still good. Decent selection of beer and good warm bread.

I've eaten at both the bar and at a table and I enjoyed both.

If you're driving the Trans Canada Highway through Regina, this is a really convenient stop just off the highway.

Polite and helpful staff.

• Visited August 2012
Regina, Sk
“Great food, Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I visited the Keg in Regina during the Christmas season and was treated to an amazing meal. The staff were excellent, the food was excellent, the atmosphere was friendly.

The only issue was the fireplace was broken and it was a touch cold inside the restaurant.

Visited December 2012
Quebec City, Canada
“Good but not excellent!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went to this Steakhouse bar on April 2013 and it was OK. Their service was average...the server did a few mistakes and was not 100% listening.
The decor was not bad...the lights inside the restaurant were very dim so if a person is tired it will make him feel more tired since it was my case. It has a lot of seats if ever you are planning to go there with a large group of people.
Food: Their food was average...I thought that they would have more choices but no. I ordered steak and their steak was average, very dry not well done.
Price: Their price are not that bad. I think it is affordable.
Location: The restaurant is very well located...it's on Albert street and there are plenty of restaurants and choices on that street.

Overall, I still recommend this restaurant if you don't have any other choices in the town where you will be at.

• Visited April 2013
Saskatchewan
“Great food but too pricey for what you get.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

The food and service is excellent at the Keg but I really feel for the price you pay you should get more than your steak (or what ever entree you choose) and ONE side, You are almost forced into buying the salad at $6.99 just for some variety. I think it would be better if they included a small salad or some veggies as well in the price. Golf's in Regina provides the same great service and excellent food while including salad and veggies with the entree!

• Visited April 2013