“Nicely renovated”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Good food. Good prices. Good location. Rather noisy unless you can get into a booth along the outer wall. A bit hard to find parking, but that's the nature of most of the southern Regina restaurants. We'll go back.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We visit The Keg in Regina usually 5 or 6 times per year. Without fail, the filet migon is cooked to perfection, and you would have to go a long way to find a better tasting filet than at Regina Keg.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Had made a reservation for 4 and requested a quiet booth in the back of the restaurant. They tried to seat us at a table in the middle of the dining room even though there were a few booths available so had to ask to be moved. Ordered a bottle of wine from the wine list, they didn't have it, ordered a different bottle, they brought the wrong one. Medium rare steak was ice cold, chicken very dry, even the garlic mashed potatoes didn't taste like they usually do. Only enjoyable food was the escargot. Lounge is really nice but dining room has the atmosphere of an Applebee's. I agree with other reviewers that we always had a better experience at the old location. Have been to the new location a few times and seem to have an issue with each visit.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

When I was 19 my Mom first took me to the Keg and Cleaver as it was first known. I fell in love with the place. Best steak, best service, best atmosphere. I have been to The Keg from BC to MB and have never been disappointed.... Until now. In Regina I had been to the old Keg many times over the years. LOVED it. Best of everything. Took family, went on dates. Great place. Now they open a new one. I had been bragging about this place to my grand daughter for years and promised I would take her when she was older and that is what we did. We got all dressed up and was very excited to be going to such a fine place to eat. The atmosphere is 100% different from what the Keg is known for, the service was poor and to top it all off I could have cried after tasteing the steak. It was over cooked and blah. Nothing like the steaks I have had for 35 years of going to The Keg. My grand daughter asked, "Nana why do you like thsi place so much?" What could I say. To add insult to injury when I paid the waiter all he did was break my large bill into smaller ones. I asked him why he did that and he said because I didn't know how much change I wanted back. I could have slapped the kid. RUDE RUDE RUDE! I always leave a tip on the table under a plate which I had already put there. He was making sure he got one. In my day you had to EARN a tip it was madatory. Sadly after 35 years I will never ever go back to the place.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Bar is really nice. Building is nice. Food, not so much. Expensive and portions are small. Servers are great though. You can get a better priced and better tasting steak at Earls or Moxies.