“Above Average Steak”
Review of Golf'S Steak House

Golf'S Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Golf'S Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 587 Restaurants in Regina
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Golf's is renowned for its Prime Rib, charbroiled steaks and seafood dishes. Located in the heart of downtown Regina, just look for the flame!
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stopped in while on business and had the Sterling Silver Sirloin lunch special and a Coke. The steak was done perfect (blue rare) and was definitely a top tier piece of meat. Service was fine, no complaints.

There are newer reviews for Golf'S Steak House

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I wanted to go out for a nice dinner while on a business trip to Regina, we were told that Golfs was the place to go for a fine dinning experience. We both enjoyed that esthetics however the atmosphere was less then appealing. Right next to us was a table getting a Caesar salad made from scratch it would have been fine had it not been for the scraping sound of the fork hitting the bowl for what felt like forever. The server would mix for a bit then leave and come back and continue mixing.

We were also seated right near the kitchen where the servers came in and out of the area, it wasn't intimate or relaxing.

As for the food it was ok but not spectacular, The only saving grace to the meal was dessert. It was small but very tasty. All in all we found the place to be mediocre with expensive prices.

1  Thank CMFunlovingal
Reviewed April 22, 2013

First time experiencing this restaurant and I enjoyed every aspect of it. Service was top notch, good selections for food and drinks and everything arrived quickly and to a very old quality. I recommend to try this place and you will most likely be impressed. Be warned that you get what you pay for and the prices here are up there to match the quality and service all around. Very good place for an elegant or special meal.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

On a recent trip to Regina (April 10/13) we wanted to enjoy a nice dinner in a good restaurant ($$$ or $$$$) with family we have not seen in sometime. Unfortunately, we chose Golf's Steak House, a supposedly long established Regina fine dining restaurant. This was middle of the week on a Wednesday night so the restaurant was no where near full. With a reservation we arrived just ahead of time and were immediately shown our table by a friendly hostess and service began with a friendly and welcoming server. I ordered the Baked French Onion Soup - arrived not real hot and the piece of garlic toast in the soup was stale and (remember submerged in the soup) and rock hard in the centre. Even thought the broth was good I could not finish it and advised the server of the quality. Her reply was "I so sorry - I will pass this on to the kitchen". for and entree I ordered (A House Specialty) the baby back ribs / BBQ Sauce. The meal arrived and the portion of ribs was certainly ample however the sauce was somewhat dried giving the impression that the ribs had been cooking for sometime and upon diving in found the ribs to be overcooked and in fact after a couple off one end became more and more tough and very over done. As a result I could not eat and enjoy this meal - I set the plate to the side. When the server came to check on things (and to offer refills of wine) I again explained the problem with the meal. I received a somewhat similar reply "I am sorry - I will immediately inform the kitchen". "Would you care for more wine or a desert menu"? With no additional wine ordered by the table, other meals completed we received the check - amount in full with no consideration offered from the kitchen or management. Upon leaving I informed the hostess and received the same response "I am sorry - I will inform the kitchen - thanks for coming in and see you again"!! Not likely! This establishment is tired and well over rated although the number of $ signs would lead one to believe they are in for a decent meal. Save your money for another establishment.

Brian B
Saskatoon

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have eaten here 30+ times over the years and even got engaged at Golf's. The food is very good, service is excellent. Steaks are great, vegetables generally seem overcooked for me but i prefer my veggies closer to raw than steamed too long.