“Excellent value”

Wingate by Wyndham Regina
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Regina
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 5, 2014

My extended family spent 3 nights here for last week's RCMP graduation, and arrived about 9pm on a Saturday. What could have turned out very poorly was saved by the polite and professional front desk staff. I won't go into detail, but there was some rambunctious activity in the hallway just after we shut the door - a quick phone call to the front desk resolved the situation.
Our room (a junior suite) was incredibly spacious - kitchenette, dining table and chairs, sofa, armchair with a bedroom and bathroom around a corner. The furniture and carpet was in great shape, and everything was spotless. The hotel was quiet once we moved to a different floor, and remained quiet for the duration of our stay.
Breakfast - the popular waffle maker, coffee, juice, fruit, yogourt, cereal and pastries, eggs, bacon or sausage, and hash browns. Quite the variety. Who could complain? It was great.
Above all, a great stay, and excellent value. The location was OK for us - as we were not there most of the day, and drove or took taxis everywhere. Not a lot around there, unless you are there for the casino. I would warn potential guests that this hotel seems to be favoured by sports teams on weekends.....

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank RHEbride

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a very clean and quiet hotel near downtown Regina. It is located right across the street from the Casino Regina, and very close to shopping. There is a hot breakfast provided and a Tim Hortons very near by for the Timmies fans. There is a Asian buffet in the hotel but I prefer the Asian restaurant across the street, it is one of Regina's best Asian restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side to avoid street noise at night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank ScubaSteveSaskatoon
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Just spent the weekend at this hotel. Very friendly warm reception staff. Very helpful on subsequent trips to the desk. Wifi was being upgraded on this weekend but it was still okay - you just had to re- log in more. Nice to have breakfast included. This is popular for teams and large groups that need a place to stay short term. There is a small fitness room but no pool. People that ate at the attached restaurant ( asian buffet) said it was quite good. Rooms are clean and updated - bathrooms have granite counters and ceramic tile. Smaller flat panel tv in room. We had a king bed room - it was large in size.
Rooms facing Broad street are a bit noisy at times but didn't seem to disturb sleep. You pay for parking here and they do offer an inside garage parking option. You are very close to Cornwall Centre and the Regina Casino at this location. There are many restaurant options within walking distance.
For those driving you link with the # 1 - Transcanada Highway on Victoria just up the street.
We had a group rate and it was appropriate for the hotel not a huge amount.

Room Tip: get a room near the end of the hall - close to stairs to remove elevator waits from your day. Those...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We were in Regina for our daughters volleyball tounament. In general the place is relatively well kept, and the staff are friendly enough. That being said, this was no where near the experience we were charged for. I've had better stays in less reputable hotels for far less than $234.47/night including parking, DMF (apparently, to charge me for advertizing their hotel) and taxes. For this rate, I was expecting pristine rooms, a delightful continental breakfast, and maybe even a pool or hot tub. Instead, I got a backed up toilet, disfunctional wi-fi service, powdered eggs, stale pasties, moldy tub caulking, and a half plugged shower head. We had a cot brought up to the room for our daughter, so we had to move some furniture around so that it would not be blocking movement. Behind the funiture was what looked like years worth of dust. I went online to find the normal rate for the room was $174.86/night including extras, and even less on 3rd party sites. I am left feeling cheated by price gouging and poor maintenamce.

Room Tip: 3rd and 6th floor wireless is sketchy at best. Last time I'll use a travel agent to do my booki...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Harley L
Reviewed May 19, 2014

The room was clean and quiet. Breakfast- make your own waffles- was delicious! There was a good selection of food for breakfast. I didn't use the gym though. I'd stay here again! The drawback? The parking fee.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The room was great, everything seems to be updated and looked nice. However the walls are thin and not sound proof. I got a suite near the elevator and although it wasn't exactly beside the elevator (there was a hallway separating the room from the elevator) I can feel the rumble everytime it goes up and down and being a light sleeper I only got 2 hours sleep and then on was awake all night... My window was opposite a car park and people can probably see me in my room unless I close the drapes. Everything was nice about the hotel but I just can't recommend it because of the noisy elevator.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the elevator and on the other side of the car park.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2014

room was clean and fresh.. staff was very friendly and helpful for first time visit... breakfast was fresh and options were good...sound proofing the room was excellent was nice not to hear the people next to us

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple