“GREAT HOTEL, BUT INTERNET RUINED MY STAY !!”

Wingate by Wyndham Regina
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Regina
GreenLeadersSilver level
“GREAT HOTEL, BUT INTERNET RUINED MY STAY !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I choose Wingate as it was so near to Stc bus station which made my travel n stay stressless n peaceful. Basically its a 3 star hotel with great location & i wanted the top floor but since it was already occupied so opted for 5th floor which was not a bad choice for me. The hotel is huge from inside compare to other hotels. I was offered family n friends discountes rate which was 89.99 per night which was a bit expensive but worth spending. I stayed in room 502 it offered me 2 queen size beds & room offered a huge bathroom which really impressed me. Here are the positive n negative of this hotel

Postive.

The hotel is 3 star but in terms of cleaniness it match the standards of 5 star. I myself work in hotel at front desk but the hotel is way clean as its jus 3 years old but still a definite eye catcher in terms of cleaniness.

The beds our way comfortable specially for me i like hard beds to sleep on.

Very comfy pillows

Huge bathroom which really impressed me & very clean

Friendly front desk staff

Noiseless sleep which i always look forward too

Lamps in the room are very easy to access from the beds

Remote with lights was fun to use tv in a dark room

Negative

The internet is terrible in this hotel. I was thier for my test in Siast so i need high speed wifi, but its keeps on disconnecting & the speed was way low

The vent in the bathroom was totally black which really disappointed me.

The size of tv was small as compare to size of room

Also they need to improve a bit on breakfast

Overall i enjoyed my stay in Wingate but if internet would have not been issue this hotel ticks all 5 on 5 for me.

• Stayed November 2013
WingateRegina, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Regina, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Ally H,

Thank you very much for your comments and overall excellent review of our property. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay thouroughly.

We pride ourselves in offering our guests the best experience with regards to service, cleanliness and comfort. These attributes have helped us to acheive wonderful recognition from Wingate Hotels by being named the 2012 Wingate by Wyndham Hotel of the year.

With respect to the concern regarding the internet please know that this past month we have been working on improving our internet significantly by installing a new server, a second modem and changing our internet service provider resulting in better internet bandwith and speed. But we aren't stopping there, we are going to continue improving our internet by looking at an entire new system which we anticipate being fully installed within the next few months.

Again thank you for choosing the Wingate by Wyndham Regina.

Kind Regards,
Tejas Chitre
Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was a nice hotel hotel for what it was and gave us good value. The rooms were a good size. Typical furnishing for a economy hotel but comfortable. The bed was pretty good. The room was clean . The staff were excellent, welcoming and kind. The price included a great breakfast. Even for picky eaters there was a little something for everyone. I made fresh waffles every morning. Fun and different and I didn't have to clean up the mess.I saved a hard boiled egg and apple for lunch. There is a chinese buffet attached to the hotel which is good value and convenient. On the whole it was a good stay. The only problem was noise. The stay would have been a disaster if we had had party people next door. We could hear every word spoken in the next room but fortunately our neighbours settled quickly and did not keep us awake. So do not accept a room with connecting doors because there is no sound proofing and you will hear every little sound from next door…tv, talking, nd a few other things I would rather not talk about here…..

Room Tip: Do not get a room with connecting doors, unless you know who is on the other side of the door. No s...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Paradise
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic rooms always very clean. Front desk staff are very friendly and always available for service. There is a section down by the front counter if you are hungry that you can buy food from which is very convenient if you don't want to run out anywhere. Also there is a gym and an Asian restaurant on the main floor and a continental breakfast by the front desk.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

With 3 hunting buddies we stayed here the last nite before we flew back to the states. Checked in about 3:30pm, had two rooms both with very very comfortable beds. Hotel appears to be new, and it is being very well cared for. Rooms spotless, no issues what so ever. Can't comment on the free continental brkfst but coffee was available when we checked out at 4:00 am. Definitely would stay here again. Oh, if you are looking for action, the hotel is across the street from the Regina Casino, which looks to be very active with great live shows...Clint Black was coming in a week or so.
We were too shot to do anything. It grab a meal and get some rest before the early am rise and airport, which is only about 15mins away through residential area. The hotel is in the heart of Regina's downtown. We ate at the connected restaurant, The Dynasty---Chinese buffet. Would not recommend----too much MSG!!! But for $8.50 how do you complain? Some of the dishes were very tasty and they had a Hugh selection. stay at the Wingate, but eat elsewhere, next time we will do the casino!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

i reserved a room here for my aunt and uncle...they said it was excellent all the way around...they loved it. there checkin is was perfect..the rooms where beatiful. so they really enjoyed there stay. only thing they where sad about is that they coulndt stay longer. So thank you for making my family enjoy the day Wingate.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family