“Well worth it!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Well worth it!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Both the hotel and our room were very clean and in a great downtown location, right across the street from Casino Regina. Continental breakfast was great. My boyfriend and I would definitely recommend this hotel, and will stay here again.

Room Tip: If street noise is an issue for you, choose a higher floor that faces the back. We didn't think...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
WingateRegina, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Regina, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!
Have a great summer!

Laura Armitage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Vancouver
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The front desk staff didn't know the prices on the rooms, gave us incorrect parking information and were totally bewildered and unhelpful with any questions we asked.

Rooms were decent size, relatively clean, bed was not that comfortable. Breakfast provided in the dining/lobby area was almost inedible.

Would avoid this hotel, though don't know how it compares to others in Regina.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank J M
WingateRegina, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Regina, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience at our hotel. I am sorry that our level of service did not meet your expectations. We take pride in delivering the best customer service to our guests.
I would like to speak with you in further detail regarding your comments. Please feel free to contact me at gsm@wingatebywyndhamregina.com or 306-584-7400.

Fort Macleod, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

The front desk staff think they are superstars and far too good to deal with the needs of lowly guests. Just checking in, I was met with a bunch of attitude even when I was being friendly. Later, I asked a question and was told "I don't know" with no effort to look it up or help me out.

They charge extra for parking which seems odd. Just include it in the price so people don't get a surprise charge.

The fridge in the room is miniscule.

Room is large and comfortable.

Room is clean except they forgot to empty the fridge from the last guest.

I would not stay again or recommend to friends.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Jennifer C
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay. I do apologize for service shortfalls you experienced. Our hotel staff pride themselves with delivering the best customer service and I am very disappointed in hearing your about your experience If you could please contact me to further discuss your stay would be greatly appreciated at gsm@wingatebywyndhamregina.com or 306-584-7400.

Srinagar, India
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I must say that there are limited choices available in Regina anyway so this is certainly one of your best options if you're able to get a good rate here. The location is perfect for business travellers.
There is a nice breakfast included. However I found the service to be a bit slow and unresponsive to guest needs. Rooms were clean and spacious but the amenities are a bit limited. I wasn't given my choice of bed even though I had requested it well in advance and the hotel never gave my loyalty program points and despite contacting them many times they failed to get back to me. This was very disappointing and irritating

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank kingjkhan
Thank you for taking a moment and reviewing our hotel. I apologize for the difficulty you have experienced in collecting your Wyndham Rewards points. Please contact me directly to have this rectified at gsm@wingatebywyndhamregina.com or 306-584-7400.

New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Checked in for 2 nights in June 2013. First impressions are really good. Nice big lobby, everything seems really clean and new. Check in was quick and easy. Location is very convenient, close to mall and casino and right next to a Tim Hortons, you could easily walk to places downtown.

Had a room on the 7th floor facing the street. Did hear a lot of traffic noise in the morning but overall not too bad, if street noise is an issue for you I'd ask for a room on the other side of the building. Room was perfect. Clean, modern, bed was comfy, nice room darkening blinds on the window. Very large room, nice comfy chair and foot stool and desk, fridge and microwave, plus a nice flat screen tv. I noticed there is also a safe in the closet - didn't use it but appreciated the option.

Options for parking - either outside or covered indoor garage, both cost extra but still reasonable price and super close with easy access to get back inside the hotel. Air conditioning in the room is really good which was appreciated on the hot days. Bathroom was really nice with lots of counter space and granite counter top, but I did not like the location for the bathroom door as it opened right up against the tub and got in the way as there is no fan in the bathroom so it steamed up a lot and therefore I preferred to keep the door open when showering. But overall not a big deal.

Ate the included breakfast one morning and thought it was good. Options included cereal, pastries, make your own waffles, eggs, toast and english muffins, yogurts, juices, milk, coffee, etc.

Called the front desk late one evening and asked for a couple extra towels and they were delivered within 5 minutes, great service by staff.

Only real complaint is that the elevator is super slow which sucks if your room is on the 7th floor, but honestly not that big of a deal, just annoying.

Check out was super easy, just hand keys to front desk and that is it.

I would definitely stay here again. I usually stay at the Ramada around the corner when in Regina, and have also stayed at the Sask Hotel but I think Wingate by Wyndham will be my new go to hotel in downtown Regina.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank graywolfpack
Thank you for your kinds words and for the valuable feedback you provided regarding your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that we are your new preferred choice for hotels in Regina. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!