“Nice stay, the internet connection needs to be improved.”

Wingate by Wyndham Regina
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Regina
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 10, 2012

The hotel room was very good it had safety box, a small fridge, a micro way, coffee, etc… The Air conditioner was silence so I was able to sleep while it was working. My room had a living room which made it spacious. For the type of hotel, the facial tissue as well as the toilet paper had very poor quality. The hotel has pay per view movies and on the regular channels there was no a good movie channel.

The room needs more light, it was a little dark unless you go to each individual lamp and turn it on.

The hotel offers complimentary breakfast which I didn’t like, it was too floury, waffles, bread with jelly or cream cheese, sweet bread, some cereal, etc…there was no fresh fruit (only orages) and the eggs looked like plastic.

The Internet connect was slow only good enough for reading mails

In general the hotel is OK, they really need to improve their internet connection speed and to make the breakfast healthier

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Roque

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed one night, on a Saturday, in a king room with couch/pull-out bed and a workdesk. Also, coffeemaker machine, in-room safe, and a small fridge. I WILL NOTE: it was not super-quiet; I was facing the busy traffic corner the hotel is located at and the windows could have been more sound-proof for my liking. As well, the gap under the door/door itself allowed a fair amount of hallway noise but I always toss the extra blanket there anyway. I found the hotel and room to be very clean (still quite new in Regina) and very spacious. There were nice mirrors throughout the room which increased the ambiance and also a nice large window right by the bed. Bed was quite comfortable, no complaints at all. There is a small exercise room and no pool area in this location. The complimentary breakfast was good, with good selection of fruit, juices, yogurt, pastries, cereals, etc. The warm food was 'over-well egg patties'--little circular-formed egg servings with yolk in the middle of white. The meat selection was.....I'm not sure. Some type of sausage patty? It wasn't so appealing in look nor taste. So I got my protein from the eggs. I also enjoyed the waffle machine for a nice yogurt and strawberry and whipped cream-topped waffle. The location of this hotel is pretty central in Regina at the corner of Saskatchewan Drive and Broad Street. Across from both the Casino Regina and the STC/Greyhound bus stop and some good restaurants in Regina. There is an Asian restaurant right in the hotel but I did not eat there. I found that my room rate for the room I got at $129 was quite acceptable.

Room Tip: Rooms on West side would be quieter I would imagine. No pool area.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CaptnCanuck
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in February 2012 on a Friday and Saturday night. We had a room facing Broad street. The room was large, the beds comfortable and everything was clean. There was a small fridge in the room which we always appreciate. We missed the breakfast Saturday morning (got down there about 5 mins past - they are prompt at putting away so don't be late) but had a nice breakfast Sunday morning. Our room was on the 2nd floor - we could hear the street outside a little bit but nothing that prevented us from a good sleep. We met housekeeping staff in the hall a few times and they were very friendly; as were the desk staff. We would stay here again. Also, as my husband is a Tim's fan - there is a Tim Horton's just steps away from the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MatchelMich
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Stayed for five nights, good central location, covered but paid parking, great free breakfast with free chocolate milk! Friendly staff! Very clean and spacious rooms!! But slow wifi, small fitness room that needs more stuff like weights! Good value, would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank blackipad
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Stay was nice. Very nice rooms, great location, hot breakfast was nice. Staff very nice. BUT , I left my iphone plugged in overnight by the bed, when we went to go for breakfast , I reached over , got my phone unplugged and went to eat (leaving the plugin cord still attached to the wall) Yes , when I came back , we picked up our luggage and I forgot my iphone connector . I realized this the next day when we got home, called back to housekeeping and they said "Nope , its not here". I KNOW IT WAS. It was nowhere else. Thanks Wingate Regina and your honest housekeeping dept !!!!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you take EVERYTHING out of your room , or the housekeeping dept will.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank yaahoos
WingateRegina, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Regina, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us however we do apologize about the loss of your phone connector.

We are pleased to inform you that we have found a phone connector that fits the description of the one you have mentioned in your comment. Please contact our Housekeeping Manager at houskeeping@wingatebywyndhamregina.com or 306-584-7400 as we would be please to make arrangements for a timely delivery.

Thank you once again and we hope to hear from you soon.

Laura Armitage
Wingate by Wyndham Regina

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Nice clean place. Front desk staff not very friendly. I ate at the restraunt and thought the service was good and food was good too.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Joncab5
Reviewed December 11, 2011

2nd time staying at this nice hotel. It is centrally located in downtown Regina and is very easily accessable. It is also close to all the downtown government buildings and right accross the street from the casino. The hotel is very nice and fairly new. You have a choice of garage parking for a small fee or in a lot. The hotel and rooms are very clean and rooms are very spacious. The single king bed room is very comfortable and has lots or room in it. We stay with an olympic junior shooting team and are treated extremely well. They have a very well laid out hot breakfast and a small store on site for confections and ammenities. The rooms are nicely done with good tv, internet, fridge, microwave and cordless phone. The only small misgiving is if you get a room on the Broad Street side of the hotel the traffic is a bit noisy. In room coffee and tea was nice. For sure we will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you like quiet ask for a room on the inside of the hotel not facing Broad Street. You loose the v...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends