“Very clean and comfortable hotel”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Ottawa
“Very clean and comfortable hotel”
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We booked this hotel (instead of Radison and Delta Regina) because many reviews I read indicated that this is a new hotel. We like new hotel and this hotel is quite new. Beds are comfortable and our room was very clean. We had a great sleep! Next morning before we checked out, we went to Perkins across the hotel for breakfast. Very convenient!

We paid $137 + tax (total around $150) for one night. Kind of expensive! But because we had a great sleep, I forgot about the price.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
alberta
Reviewed October 19, 2008

We were travelling with a small dog and the pet fee last year when we stayed there was $10.00 a night, now its $40.00 a night. When i phoned the 1 800 number for the hotel they told me that it was a one time $40.00, so if i stayed a week it would be only $40.00. That was not the case. So to top it all off when we arrived in our room we had to move a bench to put up our playpen up and found someones bra.

• Liked — kids suite
  • Disliked — $40.00 pet fee and bra left in our room
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank benkop
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2008

Although I am more accustomed to visiting all-inclusive resorts in Cuba (hence the name CubaJack), we recently stayed in the Regina Holiday Inn and Suites while on a road trip into Saskatchewan. The following is a summary of our impressions of this hotel:

Very nice hotel. We were a bit surprised with our room, though. It was set up as a suite, as the name would suggest, with a separate bedroom, and a large main room that appeared to be a combined sitting room and dining room. There was a large dining table in one end, with room for six people to sit at the table. I don’t know if they have other smaller rooms or not. If I remember correctly, I thought we had booked the lowest priced room with a king-size bed. For the kind of travelling we do, that much space, and the table was really not necessary, but we did a quite a bit of shopping, and so it gave us a spot to spread out our purchases. The room was nice and clean.

There were two televisions. One in the sitting room, and one in the bedroom, which was nice. The only drawback was that the one in the bedroom did not have movie access, and the night we got a movie, we had to watch it from the couch in the sitting room. (I tend to doze off sometimes while watching movies, and it is more comfortable to do that while in bed.)

The wireless internet worked well. I had to stay in touch with work while I was away (something I normally try to avoid when on holidays), so I took my laptop, and all was well.

The attached Perkins Restaurant was convenient for having breakfast in the morning before starting out for the day. Good breakfasts, and the restaurant was nice and clean. We didn’t eat any other meals there, so I can’t comment on the quality of any of the other food.

The hotel is located across the road from a truck stop, so we wondered if there would be too much noise in the morning as the truckers drove off. We were on the side of the building facing the road, but the hotel is well soundproofed, and unless you leave the window open, you don’t even notice.

The young lady that was at the front desk was very nice. I have a theory that many hotels send their front desk staff to a special training course to learn to be surly. Apparently the Holiday Inn doesn’t do that. This young lady was very friendly, happy and helpful. My wife and I agreed that she was one of the highlights of our trip.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you are visiting Regina, or even just passing through.

Jack

• Liked — Friendly, cheerful front desk. Clean hotel.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CubaJack
Winnipeg, MB
Reviewed August 9, 2008

Hotel is located on the eastern edge of Regina, which makes it convenient to reach the Trans-Canada Hwy heading east.

Hotel is attached to Perkins restaurant, Movado Sports Bar and also has a Tim Hortons in the same parking lot. Other dining and shopping is located across the street.

As for the room itself, it seemed a little small (2 queen beds). I was surprised that both a microwave and mini fridge were included in the room, as I've found most other hotels charge extra for these.

The TV had A/V hookups for a DVD player, which we used to watch movies (saving the $15 the hotel wanted to charge).

The pool was rather small, and even smaller space to swim and relax, allowing for room for others to enter the pool from the waterslide.

• Liked — Convienent location
  • Disliked — Small Pool
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank bluemonkey204
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while on a business meeting in Regina. I was pleasently surprised. The room was spacious, clean, and nicely furnished. Wireless internet access was free and reliable. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Front desk staff were helpful and friendly.

On the slightly negative side of things, the location of the hotel is along a major road (not near downtown) without any interesting features or attractions nearby. Inside the hotel, the attached restaurant (Perkins) is straight out of the 1970s in terms of decor and menu. The hotel's laundry room and swimming pool are on the main floor of the hotel -- the smell of chlorine is quite strong near the lobby elevators, and guests pass in front of the large laundry facilities on the way to and from the hotel meeting rooms -- ruining the overall image of the hotel.

But overall, I found the hotel to be good value and quite comfortable, and I would consider it again for future business trips.

• Liked — Good value.
  • Disliked — Exposed laundry facilities.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Infiniti
sk
Reviewed February 25, 2008

My family stayed at this hotel with our hockey team. The pool was small and the waterslide would be too fast for small children. There is a restraunt attached that had very slow service and also a lounge that was the same. The rooms were very nice, fairly spacious and clean. The beds and pillows were comfortable and I couldn't hear people in the hallway, the only noise I could hear was footsteps in the room above me but it wasn't loud enough to be bothersome. Even though it was a little more pricey than some of the other hotels I would stay here again due to the quietness.

• Liked — Quiet, close to shopping
  • Stayed February 2008
Texas
Reviewed August 29, 2007

I stayed at this hotel to attend a horse show. My exhibition site was on the west side of town, the Holiday Inn on the east side, so travel time was about 10-15 min.

My room was very nice size, with a microwave and fridge, plus all the usuals that we expect in North American hotels. Although the hotel was pretty full during my 8-day stay I was pleasantly surprised that it was quiet every night.

The front desk staff was my biggest complaint. The staff virtually ignored guests and was not friendly or welcoming. If I asked for something I was helped, but I was not ever acknowledged otherwise, such as passing through the lobby. If I approached the desk to request something, I was initially treated as an interruption; it was always necessary to speak first to get the staff's attention.

The same was pretty much true in the Perkins restaurant attached to the hotel; I had a few helpful and friendly servers but most were sullen. I also found this true in some other restaurants in Regina.

If you're a coffee lover, bring your own. Coffee both in the room and in the restaurant was blah.

This hotel has a nice pool and seems very family friendly. It also has a business center with 3 computers, and I found there was usually a computer available when I needed one.

If I went again I would try the Travelodge, where friends stayed. It has a nicer restaurant, Starbucks coffee, and better prices.

• Liked — Quiet and spacious
  • Disliked — Indifferent staff
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business