I stayed at this location with my daughter for 3 nights during a soccer tournament.
The hotel is a standard Holiday Inn. It has a small pool and water slide that will be a hit with young families. Attached to the hotel is a small sports bar and a Perkins.
On our second night at the hotel while walking into the lobby I tore my coat on some sharp wire sticking out of a pillar. I immediately brought it to the attention of the front desk staff. Not only was I concerned about my damaged coat but also about the safety of their guests. The wire was very sharp and could easily cut someone seriously. The front desk staff suggested they would notify maintenance ASAP and put a note on my account. I asked the front desk staff to have the manager contact me as soon as they could (they didn't call me back so I ended up calling them 3 days later). On my departure date the wire was not fixed.
This was the third time I wore the coat and I just paid $400.00 for it. Since it is down filled, it needed to be fixed ASAP or much of the down would escape. When I spoke to management they downplayed the problem and didn't offer a resolution or take responsibility for the damage . Once I pressed them for a solution they offered me $30 worth of Priority Club points. The offer left a sour flavour in my mouth and I didn't accept it.
Since then I took the coat to the manufacturer and they tell me the only way to fix the coat properly is to take the sleeve off the coat and replace the sleeve. Unfortunately the coat needs to be shipped away and will take several weeks to repair and the cost is half as much as a new coat. At this point I haven't decided what I will do with the coat.
My conclusion is the hotel could have easily rectified the problem by apologizing for the problem, repaired the sharp wire ASAP and given me a reasonable refund (they just made $450.00 on my stay). Instead they alienated a good customer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Best of Regina, Saskatchewan Hotels When you choose the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina, you get the best. Our Regina, Saskatchewan hotel's modern comforts and conveniences, including free high-speed Internet access in each room, provide a memorable experience just 15 minutes from Regina International Airport (YQR) and nearby attractions, and businesses.Business guests appreciate the close proximity of our Regina hotel to downtown Regina and local corporations. Our three meeting rooms and our staff's outstanding service make our Regina hotel the only place to meet. We'll be happy to coordinate every detail of your next meeting in our conference facilities which include high-speed Internet connectivity and a Business Centre.Leisure travelers love our hotel's great location near the exciting amusements & attractions in Regina. Nearby places of interest include the RCMP Academy, Regina Science Centre, Royal Saskatchewan Museum, and Wascana Park. With downtown Regina only minutes away, there's no end to the fun for guests' Saskatchewan travel plans.Whether for business or pleasure, guests enjoy our Regina, Saskatchewan hotel's fine service and amenities. Perkins Restaurant & Bakery and Movado's Sports Bar & Lounge, both on-site, offer you excellent dining and convenience. Our 1.5-story water slide and games area are fun for the entire family. When your Saskatchewan travel plans lead you to Regina, choose our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Regina
- Holiday Inn Regina
- Holiday Inn Hotel Regina
- Regina Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina Saskatchewan