“Unresponsible”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at this location with my daughter for 3 nights during a soccer tournament.

The hotel is a standard Holiday Inn. It has a small pool and water slide that will be a hit with young families. Attached to the hotel is a small sports bar and a Perkins.

On our second night at the hotel while walking into the lobby I tore my coat on some sharp wire sticking out of a pillar. I immediately brought it to the attention of the front desk staff. Not only was I concerned about my damaged coat but also about the safety of their guests. The wire was very sharp and could easily cut someone seriously. The front desk staff suggested they would notify maintenance ASAP and put a note on my account. I asked the front desk staff to have the manager contact me as soon as they could (they didn't call me back so I ended up calling them 3 days later). On my departure date the wire was not fixed.

This was the third time I wore the coat and I just paid $400.00 for it. Since it is down filled, it needed to be fixed ASAP or much of the down would escape. When I spoke to management they downplayed the problem and didn't offer a resolution or take responsibility for the damage . Once I pressed them for a solution they offered me $30 worth of Priority Club points. The offer left a sour flavour in my mouth and I didn't accept it.

Since then I took the coat to the manufacturer and they tell me the only way to fix the coat properly is to take the sleeve off the coat and replace the sleeve. Unfortunately the coat needs to be shipped away and will take several weeks to repair and the cost is half as much as a new coat. At this point I haven't decided what I will do with the coat.

My conclusion is the hotel could have easily rectified the problem by apologizing for the problem, repaired the sharp wire ASAP and given me a reasonable refund (they just made $450.00 on my stay). Instead they alienated a good customer.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Stan C

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I can not get over how reasonably priced this hotel is! We rented a family suite for a girls get-away weekend. Came with a separate bedroom with a king bed and tv, etc. HUGE room. In the main area there were 2 queen beds and a couch/ tv area. HUGE room for $154 - so reasonable! It was clean, modern and friendly staff. Only complaint was we had to ask for more towels b/c there were only 3 bath towels. That's minor though and we got them very fast. Perkins restaurant is attached, also a bar attached. Tim Hortons is in the parking lot and McDonald's across the street. It was in a great location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were there for a business conference. Nice clean and modern rooms. Friendly staff. There are many restaurants and bars in the immediate area, which was convenient. There is also some shopping too. Room was cleaned late in the day, along with others.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2012

On a whim we booked a Jacuzzi suite for the night. We forgot to bring bubble bath, but 2 bottles of hotel shampoo later and we couldn’t see one another across the room for all the bubbles!

The room was clean and comfortable. The fridge was very cold and somehow managed to freeze some of the vegetables which we had brought along (the beer was unharmed).

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel itself was fine, but my first initial check in and experience with the receptionists was not very good at all. First, there was no indication to me that I was expected to pay a "deposit" on the room I had already paid for in full through expedia. It was for a simple $20 on my mastercard, which would have been fine had I not paid for my room with my card. I just made a payment on my card which takes days to process and I do not have a large amount available to me since I am young and just starting out as a single mother establishing credit. The first receptionist told me that if my card did not process that she would not be allowed to give me the room at all! I already paid for the room in full so I was upset at the fact that she was willing to turn me away over $20. I asked if there were any other options, like a debit deposit for example. She said she would ask, so she turned to the other receptionist and explained that my card was not accepted. The second receptionist looked at me in a very discerning way and said, " Your card won't go through for $20????" which made me feel completely humiliated. If I had KNOWN this was expected of me, perhaps I could have been better prepared and brought along a prepaid mastercard or something. I asked if I could do a debit deposit and the second receptionist said to me, " Yes, but for $200 dollars" I was very upset about this as I had brought my two children to Regina for school and clothes shopping for the upcoming school year and now she was going to tap into my funds for my kids on a room I had already paid for. It was overall rude and I will never stay there again.
To boot, the pool was really small, the place was overcrowded and the hotel hallways were quiet noisy. Just my experience. It might not be like this for everyone. Especially if you have already established a fair credit and are in a place where things like what was sprung onto me is not going to break the bank and get you dirty looks!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kelly M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Kelly M,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are sincerely sorry for the issues you had with the billing and the unacceptable service you received from our staff. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We booked a room with a King bed in a bedroom and 2 queen beds in the main room, for 4 nights. We booked this hotel because we wanted the separate bedroom, plus the pool and waterslide. The room itself was pretty good, it was in a corner so we didn't have many neighbours. We found it pretty quiet except for some banging from the room above us on the first night. The pool is ok, nothing special. The waterslide is ok, but very dark and a bit scary for our 4 year old. Although we had booked 4 of us, and we were in a room that could sleep 6, they kept only giving us 3 towels, which was a bit strange. After I made a point of this the 3rd time I called, they made a note and they made sure to bring us enough towels. Only major complaint is about the room service. We called to order breakfast our last morning and as I was trying to order the woman snapped at me that she was very busy, even though I really wasn't taking very long to order.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel is very inviting and warm when you walk in. The only problem is that the employes have very thick acsents. Very good value, and we are coming back in 2 weeks. We didn't use the Perkins this time but when we do come to Regina we eat there and it is fab.

• Stayed: August 2012