“Buffet adding a service charge for large groups>?????”
Review of Dynasty Gourmet Asian Buffet - CLOSED

Dynasty Gourmet Asian Buffet
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I made a reservation a week in advance for a large group to have a going away lunch for one of our team members. 20 minutes before the reservation time the restaurant called me to ask if we where still looking at the numbers I had given them - which I have no problem with - and to inform me that any reservation over 10 people has an additional service charge added onto each persons bill. I would think that it is a poor business decision to try to discourage large groups from reserving at your establishment especially when you are looking at a buffet where the group does not add any additional work load to anyone in the restaurant. In the future I will not be using this restaurant for any large gathering even though the variety of food and quality was good. the extra cost made it a poor value

2  Thank Robert T

Reviewed December 28, 2012

In there on Xmas Eve - Why would you charge 15% service charge to groups, if one person is paying for it all. I can see it if we all asked for seperate bills, we always left between 20 - 30% tip - only because the service and food was great.Service this time was bad, only around once to take dishes and drink refills. Was the service Bad, because the server knew they were getting 15% or is that 15% just a money grab for owner. You just lost 22 people who are in there sometimes up to 3 times in a month from your opening. Do The Math, You should let people know - Put Up A Sign. By the way we did not tip any extra, for Bad service. I Hear China Langs Buffet is Good.

3  Thank d g
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Great selection of foods, girls were quick taking our plate, just excellent... will be back next time

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

I usually take the family out on Sundays for a nice brunch. We decided to give this place a go. For a Sunday brunch they didn't even have eggs? That's like a breakfast staple isn't it? Anyway, the desserts were from Costco and the food was just ok minus the sushi that was dried out. I guess it was sitting out too long. Probably won't go back.

1  Thank dustinregina
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We decided to come here over Saigon by Night (great place) for a change of pace. I had read mixed reviews and figured that we would check it out for ourselves.

We got in, the decor was beautiful but it was relatively empty.

The food was average (actually...disgusting), it was cold and totally picked over. Not to mention the cups were dirty... my companion's cup still had a lip print on it!! Yuck!

It is advertised as a Buffet restaurant and it is open from 11am - 9pm but by 1pm they told they they were not refilling the buffet because it was over, this would have been useful information BEFORE. The waitress offered us 20% off when we complained but the manager said only to give us a 10%...which still came to over $26 for 2 people.

The gentlemen paying for the meal ahead of us said that they were very disappointed and would not be returning. We echoed that sentiment and would have requested to see the manager if we had more time.

Will definitely NOT be returning to this restaurant and will be telling all our friends to avoid it.

Bad food, Bad service. Splurge and go to one of the numerous other restaurants in the city.

2  Thank Jessica B