“High Tea”

Add it.
The Victoria Tea Room
Ranked #12 of 29 Coffee & Tea in Regina
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I didn't stay at the hotel, as I live in town, but we did go for the Saturday tea and I can't find another spot to comment so here goes...

I had family coming from out of town and a couple of us were celebrating birthdays, so my husband suggested for me to take them here. I honestly hadn't even thought of this and was quite impressed with his suggestion!

Tea is only hosted on Friday and Saturday [from what I see] and it was perfect. We made reservations ahead of time and were seated at our table for four. A tea trolly was brought out and we got to choose from a variety of loose leaf teas. I really enjoyed the Monk Blend, as did my aunt and my mom and sister both tried the Canadian Maple and loved it too! A three tiered platter was also brought out and contained items like sandwiches, scones, chocolate covered strawberries, a smoke salmon wrap slice [my fave] and numerous other danities, squares, etc. A little veggie plate was also included for those who like their veggies!

Tea time is an hour and a half and cost us $19+change. I grew up in Victoria, BC and always heard about tea at the Empress but it was quite pricey. I felt that the Hotel Sask was really reasonably priced for all that we got, plus atmosphere.

I will most definitely be back with girlfriends in the near future!

2  Thank mommalou4

Reviewed November 29, 2012

A somewhat formal interior but very cordial staff. Wine list is limited and the nicer selections atrociously overpriced. The signature lamb chops were very nicely executed. The lobster ravioli contained more cheese than lobster and were smothered in an absurdly thick cream sauce that caused intestinal issues later on. The ravioli was also very pricey.

1  Thank mingfatsai