“SO SLOW!!!!!!”

Cuisines: Canadian
St. Catharines, Canada
“SO SLOW!!!!!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

It took 20 minutes to get water and place an order. Totally unacceptable, but given that everyone else was treated the same way and no one seemed surprised, I guess this is service here. I would not ever go back.

Visited April 2014

Regina, Canada
“Better than I expected”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Had lunch at the Last Spike. Not in the rail car but in the main dining area. Decent menu I would say. Something for everyone with a nice variety of selections and prices.
I had a burger. I was a bit surprised how good and fresh it tasted. Reminded me of my home made burger fresh off the grill. Wife had cod and chips. Again very good especially for the price.
The only downside is the cost of parking if you don't gamble and use your Players Club Card. But if you go to a Casino expect to play the slots for entertainment. Didn't win any cash but was worth the few bucks I lost in entertainment value.

Visited February 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Staying downtown for 2 day on business. S”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Staying downtown for 2 day on business. Stopped by the restaurant to see what they have on special. They have the Tenderloin steak 10 OZ on special. I doesn't come with salad or soap for $22. It came with 2 bacon and some fried onion and some noodles. The steak was cooked just right to medium rare. It was very good and tender.

The regular menu has a good selection of dishes. The price is not cheap. I thought the food in casino is cheap to attack customers. Not here. There are no bargains. Even the so called lat night specials (after 8PM) are 8 to 9 dollars. I came from Vegas. Steak and eggs last night specials are $4.99.

Service was good and the place was clean. I enjoyed it.

• Visited October 2013
North Battleford, Canada
“Disappointing service”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I ordered the Shepherds Pie. A very small amount of food for the price you pay. When I suggested to the server that this was not reasonable, and I was still hungry for the price I paid, she just said, "sorry about that". She then said there was nothing she could do, but she could get a manager. Well that took about 25 minutes for him to show up. When he did, he gave all kinds of lame excuses about food costs as to why my meal was the same price as another at the table, but was about half the size. All he did was pass the buck and blame the chef and I would need to talk to someone else. These people have NO empowerment to satisfy the customer. The manager tried to look genuinely concerned, but you could tell he didn't even care. "If everyone came in hungry and thought there wasn't enough food on the plate, we would have to compensate everyone." Seriously?! This guy is in service and hospitality?! I said, "this is a restaurant.... everyone comes in here hungry!" The quote "the customer is always right" does not mean a thing to these people. I walked in hungry and walked out hungry.

• Visited September 2013
Flin Flon, Canada
“A safe Bet.”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Located at the Casino Regina this eatery is a little gem with a great variety of food to choose from at very reasonable prices. Liver and Onions and Fish and Chips for less than $25. Excellent food with large servings, you won't leave here hungry. Keep away from the slots and tables and you won't leave here broke either.

• Visited August 2013