“Just so so..”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Not as expected according to the advertising....expensive menu and the food was nothing special nor was it that tasty. Consider this an average restaurant.

Your bill arrive sad a cash register slip with 2 stale mints...

Will not return.......

3  Thank Tom O

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We wern't sure where to go for dinner one night and we both really fancied a good italian meal.
It doesnt look much from the outside but when you step in its a pretty good sized place.
The food we had was faultless, and the atmosphere is quite romantic.. its good for couples. We felt a little under dressed but didnt know what to expect. Ladies you can wear your favourite little black dress here and the guys a shirt would be a good choice.
The staff were friendly and helpful and the manager even came and had a chat with us. We were really happy with everything with this restaurant.. its a little pricey if you go all out with 3 courses and wine but worth it for a special treat.

2  Thank Gemstar13
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This time back was not the great experience of the first time. My daughter and I ordered the sangria and we were told that they have gone to a larger glass so it was now $9.50. We said OK but I would not recommend it. It had way too much ice and carbonated water. I could not really detect any wine in at all, and it was so translucent that I would not consider it to be sangria. It was watered down so much on arrival and only got worse as the ice melted. The pasta was very good, although I am beginning to see why some people complain about the high cost and portions.

4  Thank c0untrygal
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I had been reluctant to go to this restaurant, apparently it would have small portions and high prices, and only ok Italian food. When I was a young analyst in Toronto, I would regularly eat Italian right after work and it was great. That is my criteria and the standard to which I rate Italian food. Fortuna has a very pleasant dining room, with an excellent view to a man made lake, very pretty, the staff are professional and inviting. The food was very good, we had 2 appetizers (octopus with potato salad, beef carpaccio), 3 pasta dishes (Strozzapreti Al Salmon Eaffumicato, Ravioli Al Funghi, and a chicken dish), a lemon chicken dish - all was good, very good - actually reminded me a lot of when I lived in Toronto. We had Italian beer, the house wines and another wine. Everything was made right, all things considered the price was reasonable. Recommended.

1  Thank Hohenbalken
Reviewed September 28, 2013

And over the course of the last year we have noticed a definite progression of improvement in serving sizes and the server's knowledge of the menu. Service was prompt with the very pleasant waitress decanting our wine and handling our orders perfectly. The Mista Salad was a very large portion which could easily be shared with a generous sprinkling of sundried tomatoes. My husband had the OssoBuco with Rissoto which was fabulous and I had a lovely chicken dish.

1  Thank Loreen L