“Average Food, Better Options Exist in Regina.”

Da India Curry House
Ranked #12 of 607 Restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We tried Da Curry House for supper last evening and while the spread of food at the buffet seemed impressive the food was only warm to room temperature which was a let-down as it did not give the impression that anything was really all that fresh. Fish pakora (which is typically a favourite of mine) was room temperature and soggy (such a disappointment), butter chicken and goat curry was just average. Paneer was pretty tasty, as was the aloo gobhi. Rice was over-cooked. There were dessert options but we did not try them. The highlights of the meal were the fresh naan brought to the table regularly, and the tandoori chicken which was not on the spread but we asked our server and the kitchen made us some fresh using skinless chicken thighs which were tasty. The meal was cheap - including tax for three but before tip was $44. We still feel that Flavours of India, despite its priciness, offers better authentic cuisine.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Having had my fair share of Indian foodmy partner insisted that we had to visit this curry house.

The starters were a lot pricier than I am used to back home but there was nothing wrong with the quality of the Chicken Pakora, which is served on a spiced bed of lettuce with sauce for dipping.

Moving onto the main course, there was nothing that could be complained about the taste. It was delicious. The only downer with the curries was the excessive oil which covered the dishes themselves. Otherwise, the quality and quantity of the food was delightful.

We were very disappointed with the selection of rice and naan bread on offer. As stated previously, my understanding of naan bread is that it is large, fluffy, soft and rollable when being enjoyed with a meal. In this case, it was thin, crispy almost and lacking in the fluffy texture that it is usually associated with.

There is nothing that would hinder me from dubbing this the best curry house in Regina.

TIP: The portions of curry and naan bread are quite large. If you were to order a single portion of each, to be shared between two people, you could easily make a meal for each person. Unless you're completely starving, I'd recommend this course of action.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The old location is still open as a Vegetarian restaurant, but the new location is only a few blocks east. The new location has a slightly more upscale feel, compared to the old location.

I have always enjoyed ordering a la carte from D.I.C.H. and this time we decided to try their lunch buffet. Our twin 17-month olds loved the lamb keema and the chicken biryani. They also went nuts over the fresh watermelon and gulab jamun.

We the parents enjoyed the variety of dishes served on the lunch buffet, but we both agreed that the a la carte offerings are superior.

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Good food. Good service. Waiters and owner very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed the buffet but not sure what some dishes were. Would go again.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I usually don't go back to the same restaurant, unless at least a few months have gone by. But this time, I made an exception. Don't tell my mom, but this place makes Indian food almost as good as home cooking.

The baingan bhartha (eggplant) is a favourite.