“Comfort food!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Original Joe's
Ranked #148 of 561 Restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saskatchewan
“Comfort food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

This our first visit to Original Joe's and we were going on the good reviews of friends.
This place is a pub type restaurant - plenty of drink options and a full menu of great "comfort food" items. I had the Applewood Salmon Club and my husband had the grilled cheeseburger. The variety for sides was perfect - fries, quinoa salad, soup, other salads, sweet potato fries and more...
There are no minors allowed so leave the kids at home and have a casual date night or go out with friends!

• Visited June 2013

Regina
“Simply unacceptable service, never experienced this before!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stopped by here on sunday on the long weekend and sat in the lounge and had among the worst service I have ever had. The waitress finally came and got my drink order, and after 20 minutes not only did she take away my menu but also said the kitchen was closed (as a rule "good servers" tell you when last call for food is instead of just rudely telling you the kitchen is closed). She seriously just came by, picked up the menus, did not bother asking me if I wanted any food, and when I said my friend was coming in a few minutes to order that "the kitchen was closed." I have seriously never seen such a blatant act of unprofessional conduct by any server.

Besides that she was not even that attentive, I had to literally wait 15-20 minutes from the time my drink was empty to get another refill. And she was not even serving other customers or cleaning tables (as in she did not have a good excuse to be so tardy). Additionally, and while I certainly do not expect restaurant staff to be my friends she was anything but professional, courteous or friendly.

I want to point out that I have worked in this industry for nearly a decade and realize what a thankless and often frustrating job serving can be but honestly I have dealt with all the same issues, have had bad days in this industry, etc, but I have never been so snippy and unprofessional with my customers. Considering I was polite and patient the whole time I cannot see how I merited such poor service.

While I have had good service here before this experience has definitely not encouraged me to come back. Frankly half the time I get good service here, and the other half it is inexcusably slow and rude. I am going to suggest that when people go out to eat they don't want to risk a 50% chance of being let down.

I really want to like this place; it has a good atmosphere, menu, and some good servers, but as long as the level of service is so arbitrary there seems no reason to go to here versus better run places like Brown's Social House or Moxie's... or even Boston Pizza!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Byron P
Regina, Canada
“Reliable Good Food and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Of all the pub and roadhouse type restaurants in Regina, the one I keep wanting to return to is Original Joe's. The service is reliable and the food has been regularly tasty with good portions. The full rack of ribs is a great dish and less expensive than most around the city. Tuesday is 2 for 1 wine night ( that includes glasses and bottles). The Red Tractor Nachos are great to share as are the wings. Just a good reliable place to meet friends for a drink and munchies or a full dinner.

New York City, New York
“Great all round restaurant with healthy options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband (an ominvore) and I (a vegan) ate here one night on Mar 31st while visiting my grandmother. Although visiting Regina at least once a year to see grandma we had not eaten here before. We will be going back. They have several healthy options on their menu and also have a gluten sensitive menu.

Hubby: Beer (Molson Bohemian) and Cajun Chicen Burger.
Me: Veggie Burger and No Alcohol Pina Coloda.
With your burger you get a choice of two sides - we both opted for only 1 side which was the quinoa salad.

Everything was good - service was great. Original Joe's is a chain with locations in BC, AB, SK, and MB

WEBSITE (with menus) originaljoes.ca/menus/317

LOCATION: It is located at 3806 Albert Street in a stand alone restaurant in the Golden Mile Shopping Mall Parking Lot. The location is about 5 minutes away from the airport.

Regina, Canada
“Best burger in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have lived all over Canada and other then my own burgers, Joe's are the best I have ever eaten. They beat Five Guys burger's by a land slide. A little pricey, would like to see less greasy bar food but like I said, BEST burger in town.