“A few little things need fixing”

Sandman Hotel & Suites Regina
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Rooms are warm and the little air conditioner doesn't seem to be effective in cooling the space. The sitting room is not very well lit and seems kind of gloomy. So too, the hotel hallways. Appreciated the well stocked little kitchenette. Love the gazebo outside sitting area. Good location across from shopping and close to restaurants but the traffic to get onto Victoria Ave. is killer.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Ashley S, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Regina, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review on your last stay. We like to hear all comments whether they are good or bad. If you have a moment, I would like to speak with you about your stay. If you can email me a good time and date that fits best for you and then I can either call or email you.

Ashley Sopkow

Reviewed May 28, 2014

It wasn't one thing that turned me off this place. There were many many small, but highly irritating things. Here's a list that's not exhaustive: The free wi fi did not work. Out of a dozen tries both night and morning, I successfully loaded one webpage. The room was HOT and stuffy in May, and the only way to cool this King Suite (we upgraded you Ma'am) was with a very noisy air conditioner right next to the bed. They use some weird scented cleaning products that made me slightly nauseous. The little shampoo bottle had previously been used. There was no trash can in the suite section - where you unpack and dump all the detritus collected thus far on your trip. The mirror was right beside the couch, so you couldn't look into it to see if you had dressed appropriately (see? little things). In the night there was some kind of loud TICK TICK sound that could have been dripping water, but I think was maybe the heating or cooling system . . . who knows. It woke me up and kept me awake for a while. The toilet had been damaged or stained so it looked like there was a turd in it. The bed sheet was put on in a half-assed manner and the blanket was worn. When I went to get ice, I was told: "the ice is going to be on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors". I wanted to ask when it was going to be there. So that would be - bugged by the stupid and pretentious way the desk staff spoke - as in they "upgraded me" without me requesting it and I should be thankful they had done me such a favour even though all it meant was there was more room to cool, and I had to walk further to crash into the bed. Were this a budget hotel, it would have been forgivable, but I paid in the neighbourhood of $130 a night to sleep in this hellhole.

Can't unrecommend it enough.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Farcadia

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review on your last stay. We like to hear all comments whether they are good or bad. If possible, I would like to speak with you about your stay. You can email me a time and date that works best for you and I can either call or email you.

Ashley Sopkow

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed April 16..checked out 17th...stayed on main level...
King suite....have stayed here many times...made coffee in the morning....turned light on...in the hallway....cockroaches ....showered left..on check out advised the fellow ya front desk....he was like "meh"...wrote on my room key pouch...not sure what he wrote....did not appear to have a care in the world...this property is connected to condos and a fairly nice spa....bet that people in condos are not aware of roaches on hotel side......not good

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Donald M
Ashley S, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Regina, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay. We always appreciate feedback from our guests whether good or bad it gives us an opportunity to improve upon the service we provide. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than ideal. If you have a moment I would like to speak to you about your stay. You can call or email myself to set a time that works best for you.
1.306.757.2444 Ext:4

Ashley S.

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I walked into this hotel and upon checking in discovered my wallet was missing and that I had left it in Saskatoon. When I informed the staff that was on shift I would need to have a family rent the room on their card they were LESS than helpful, rude and quite snotty. I was already visibly upset being that I now had no way to get home to Ontario as I didn't even have enough gas to get back to the location I had left my wallet.The girl, Maya I think her name was, didn't crack a smile or utter a single reassuring type word. I even noticed them snickering at my misfortune. Diabolical service and I ultimately walked out of the hotel as they made it very difficult to stay there in light of things even though they would have had credit card as necessary. A kind word goes a long way when someone is obviously in distress and I suggest to the manager or owners that perhaps you put your staff through some sensitivity training.

Stayed: March 2014
Ashley S, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Regina, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience. We always appreciate feedback from our guests whether good or bad it gives us an opportunity to improve upon the service we provide. I am terribly sorry to hear that your experience was not good. I would like to speak to you about this if you have a moment. You can email me your contact information and a good time to call or email. My email address is gm_regina@sandman.ca. Thank you and I look forward hearing from you.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Pros:
Nice north end location, free internet, and business centre

Cons:
Noisy from above, beside and hall
Was not cleaned well - hair in sink, dust on all ledges (including the towel bar), piles of dirt in corners, spills left on desk chair
Smell - used some kind of "air freshener" that was over whelming if I could have gotten the window opened I would have aired the room out, left the smell on you when you left the room
Heat - was 25 when I got in to the room got it down to 21C by turning heat down to 15 and turning "air con" on

Overall:
The people were nice enough, would have liked les s of an ick factor and a bit of quite to sleep

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night with works.

I stayed in the suites. It had a living room with tv pull out couch and chair. The hallway had a mini fridge and microwave and sink. The bathroom has a nice deep soaker tub. The bedroom was located in the back with a king sized bed and desk and tv.

The bed was comfortable. Denny's is attached and moxies is right out the front door.

The hallway was noisy. You could hear everything being said.

My biggest complaint would be the fact that the maid was vacuuming
The rooms across and next to me till 9pm. That is ridiculous. This hotel is used by airline crew who have to be up very early and I found that terrible. HUGE COMPLAINT

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Parking was a challenge. Dark and dirty hallways, also very narrow. Room was poorly insulated from noise. Room was poorly lit. Bed was comfortable. Restaurant attached to the hotel was okay. Washroom was not too bad.

• Stayed: January 2014