“Price was right”

Sandman Hotel & Suites Regina
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed September 30, 2013

They had good weekend rates on at $99 for a regular room or $129 for King suite - took the King suite. Was just ok. The room smelled musty for some reason. And the suite had a separate sitting area from the bedroom, which was nice. And for the size of the room, you'd think the bathroom would be bigger -- it was a tight squeeze to get out of the way to close the door. They had upgraded plasma tv's in the rooms, but the blankets/comforters could be upgraded, they were dated. Hotel has a nice patio area where you can sit outside. Pool and hot tub were okay too, on the small side, but worked fine. Nice and close to Moxie's restaurant, which is right in the parking lot area. Also, Denny's for breakfast is on the property - good breakfast food. They have a free shuttle to the casino too, which is a bonus.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had a really great experience at this hotel. We were in town for a wedding and our group of people likely had 10-15 rooms. I don't think there was a complaint from anyone. We were upgraded when we got there to a king suite, the rooms were more than suitable for a family of 4 for 3 nights. The rooms were clean, nicely appointed, had a nicely stocked kitchenette (microwave, fridge, sink and dishes) which was perfect for what we needed. Wifi worked, TV's worked well, A/C worked good and bed's were super comfy. Our interactions with housekeeping were pleasant as well as other staff. We enjoyed the Denny's downstairs, again, good customer service for our large group. The pool was clean and excellent for our children. It's easy to find and located well, close to shopping, restaurants and a tim hortons (and starbucks) right across the road. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: If I had a choice, I'd get a room in the back of the hotel to not have to hear highway noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The rooms were huge, clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The restaurants close by made the stay pleasurable. The internet was little slow but the business area was clean with two computers. I would recommend this hotel to anybody wanting a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Rating this time around as average. Having stayed in several more hotels in Alberta, I feel this location is due for some room updating.

The room was pretty clean, bit the decor is old, ex my bed spread has holes in it, it's time to freshen up. Also the plumbing fixtures (vanity taps) had calcium build up needs an extensive cleaning.

Also, they need to change their pillows. They are poor quality foam chip pillows, I tried all 4 and they were terrible. I suggest packing your own to ensure a good night rest.

Positives are the fast Wi-Fi and the location and close proximity to Moxies is probably the best this about this place for my business travel.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was wavering between giving this review a "very good" or an "excellent" rating and finally decided I couldn"t give it an excellent because not every thing was perfect, but it was pretty darn close! I just spent two nights at this hotel and upon check-in was upgraded to a king suite with a pull-put sofa. The room was very spacious and came with a good sized mini fridge and microwave, coffee table, work desk chair and LCD TV. Spacious bathroom also. The Bed was VERY comfortable and the bedding was clean and fluffy. Very polite staff. FREE WIFI.
Now for the picky bits. My shower faucet was VERY difficult to turn off...it kept dripping and leaking a small stream of water. Also my key card kept getting erased for some odd reason so I had to keep going back to the front desk from the 4th floor to get it reprogrammed!
The pool and hot tub was very nice and since I used it mid-day I had the whole place to myself!
The attached Dennys Restaurant is convenient, especially for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We booked a King suite with a king bed and a pull-out for 3 adults & 2 kids. When we got here they gave us a room with 2 doubles. When I asked how we were going to fit us all the response was "we'll we're giving you a lower rate". They didn't even have a second room for us to rent that was non-smoking. Apparently they can take a reservation, they just can't keep a reservation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kristi O
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We checked into this hotel at 9 pm. The lobby was really horrible smelling and the two people behind the check in counter had a hard time answering my questions. However the lobby smelled a lot better in the morning and the check out staff were really polite and knowledgeable. The room was nothing special. I would never stay at this property nor would I recommend it to any one. I paid $129 dollars for one night and that was a sale price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family