“Comfee Bed and very quiet”

Sandman Hotel & Suites Regina
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Calgary, Canada
“Comfee Bed and very quiet”
Reviewed October 12, 2007

Paid 119/night - king size bed with small living room - nice decor, very comfortable bed, quiet rooms, Moxie resteraunt next door, mall across the street, ok price for a nice place.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank ELCHEAPEE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Canada
Reviewed September 21, 2007

I am one who has a terrible time getting a good sleep in hotel beds.. As a rule, I find the beds too hard and I toss and turn all night get ting very little sleep. I usually have sore shoulders when I wake up and a head ache the following day. A good sleep is important to me.
The beds at this property are excellent with pillow top mattresses that are not hard! My room had a king size bed. The rooms are decorated very nicely and were very clean. I would recommend a stay at this property and I will return again when in Regina

• Liked — The Beds
  • Disliked — Noise around the elevator at 5am
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2007

Myself and a friend, her partner, and son stayed in a suite here in January of 2007 while in Regina attending an educational event. We are both working professionals that attend school in Regina part time and therefore need a hotel room once a month for a weekend stay. We stayed at the sandman a few months previously and had a great stay with no problems unfortunately this would not be the case this time. Things stated out fine enough we had some problems at check in because the room was booked in my name and my friend and her partner checked in first they made them pay a deposit and took her credit card event even though mine was on file (this wasn't a problem cause we thought that it was just a hotel policy) when I showed up we transferred the room to my credit card. Then once we were in the room the fridge had a half full can of pop and the microwave was dirty inside, but we didn't make a big fuss about it because we figured that someone just forgot and that happens. The toilet plugged up on Saturday and it took a couple of hours for someone to come and fix it because they "couldn't find the plunger". We ate out during the weekend either ordering room service or bringing food back to the room we were back and forth a lot to the hotel as we were writing exams and therefore when the maid stopped by to clean the room we were there and she asked if she could some back later I argreed and I asked her if she could clean up a few of the room service trays while she was there which she did and that was all that was cleaned during our stay. There were numerous other problems with ordering room service even when they had my credit card on file. my friend’s partner had to pay cash for one meal. When we left we weren't overly impressed with our stay but I wouldn't say that we were upset enough that we wouldn't stay again. Until...
My friend went to use her credit card a few days later and found out she was maxed out. She called the company and they explained to her that there was a charge from the sandman hotel She thought that they had charged the room to the wrong card so she called the hotel. They explained that she was charged a damage fee because of the excessive problems with the room. They said that there was food all over the bed and floor that someone had thrown up on the carpet that the coffee table was broken and that the room was so dirty that it took extra time to clean. When I contacted the hotel the manager sent me pictures and I was very upset what they were showing
The dirty toilet that had been clogged (and we had to put up with)
a stain on the carpet that was there when we got there
our food and pop containers stacked on the table and counter.
Blankets and towels that we had stacked on the coffee table before we left when we put the hide a bed away.
Most disturbing was a picture of the bedroom where there was a picture of some sort of pancakes or French toast on the sheets and carpet. We had left over food from breakfast but didn't eat in the bedroom and when my friend left she looked over the room and there was nothing like that when she left. Why was this here I don't know it wasn't caused in any way caused by us my guess is that when a maid came to clean the room she either a) spilled something and didn't want to get blamed or b. was pissed that there was a weekend's worth of stuff in the room and no one had cleaned it so there was lots to do (especially the toilet and the stain that was there already) I have no idea if not leaving a tip had any part in this story but after seeing the condition the room was in when we got there and the fact that there was a stain on the carpet before I don’t think that the rooms were being cleaned that well to begin with

Contact with the manager was uneventful he was hard to get a hold of and would tell me one thing like he was going to drop the charges to half and then tell my friend that we should be charged more. The thing that upset me most that there was no attempt to contact either of us by mail or phone regarding this incident they just charged the card with no notice. All attempt to deal with this failed as the manager wouldn't return my emails and my friend had no luck with reaching head office. We decided that because of the pictures that were taken we were basically screwed because we had no way to prove that we didn't do it. If you do decided to say here its a nice hotel but make sure that you inspect the room and report anything to the manager immediately or you may be paying for it. We have since stayed at the Ramada (see review) and have had nothing but awesome service and we were treated so respectfully which is something I could never say about the way we were treated like trash at the Sandman. I have stayed in hotels and traveled all over the world and feel ashamed that my worst experience would be in my home province. It has been 6 months and I am still very upset that we didn’t pursue this further. I would rather sleep in my car than stay at any Sandman Hotel ever again and I just want other people to be cautious so that this doesn’t happen to them. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

• Liked — the suite was nice
  • Disliked — We were treated like trash and falsely accused of damage
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
17 Thank SaskieGirl
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2007

The Sandman is apparently a chain across Western Canada. The Regina hotel is located on the Eastern edge of town and is a bona fide bargain.
The hotel provided me with a clean room, amenities, free high speed Internet, free swimming, free gym and (through a limited time promotion) free breakfast at the Denny's next door!! All this for $125.
There is a grill restaurant next door, as well as several other options. The hotel also houses a spa, which I did not try.
The only down side to the hotel is its location which is facing a highway in the front and a row of apartments in the back.

If the other Sandmen are as good and inexpensive as the Regina location one should consider a stay here whenever one is available.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2006

We stayed here for two nights. We may be biased because we stayed here to meet a pen friend of eighteen years we'd never met before so we would have had a great time whatever ! Despite that the hotel was good anyway. Great value for money - we had a suite which cost us less than a pokey room would have cost in the UK. We didn't use the facilities much because we were out most of the time but if we had wanted to they would have added to the value. There wasn't a pretence at a 'free' breakfast - you use Denny's which is connected to the hotel and is a standard Denny's.

• Liked — The space and valuefor money
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — It's a great venue just outside the city ring road - don't expect to be in the city environs.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rojanich
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2006

THis hotel was more then i expected, the beautiful lobby area and nice rooms were plesantly surprising. The pool/hot tub area could be a little large due to the size of the hotel. The fitness area was also nice. Dennys is 24 hr and moxies was not yet open. If you are hungry and want a nice coctail / beer go to brewesters next to the hotel (walking dist)it was excellent! THe only thing that was a bummer was that on the remote in the room, some of the buttons are not marked and we accidently selected a movie we didn't want and was charged 13.99cdn, a little steep for a blockbuster. All in all this place is very nice and the only thing thatcould make it better would be to have a free continental breakfast.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank lin7604
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 23, 2005

We stayed at the Sandman when it wasn't completely finished back in the summer of 2004. (the restaurant and the pool area was not finished) It didnt bother me since I am not much a pool person anyways. We absolutely loved our room stayed for 2 nights, we had a suite with a king bed and a living room. The best feature was the soaker bathtub! The only thing that bugged me was that the toilet wasnt cleaned properly. The only reason I noticed was because I was sitting in the tub most of the time I was there!

I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2004