“What a pleasant surprise!”
Review of Lancaster Taphouse

Lancaster Taphouse
Ranked #31 of 601 Restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Lancaster Taphouse, a home away from home, an upscale den of gastro delights, strong drink and bewildering entertainment. There’s a relentless kind of craziness that hovers in the air here. So relax, enjoy yourself, and above all….. Don’t Panic!
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had a one-night stopover in Regina during a road trip and were directed to this place by our hotel. It looks like a typical pub from the outside, but the menu is far from typical. It's the most interesting list of offerings I've seen in months. One can order the usual burger, but there are many Asian-influenced dishes that are novel. The environment is comfortable; our service was good; and our meals were terrific!

timmyrocks-26, Owner at Lancaster Taphouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Hi Denise,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We work very hard and are proud of our little pub!
When we do something wrong or make a mistake people love to share that with the internet, and sometimes they have valid complaints and sometimes it is good critisism for us to work on. But it is another thing when someone takes the time to comment on a great experience they had with us.

Thank you very much, and hope we'll see you again the next time you're through Regina!

Tim Rogers
The Lancaster Taphouse

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I both ordered a pint of Sleeman's original draft; they were warm and watery. Turns out we paid $7.50 for a pint of beer, which I wouldn't have minded if I had enjoyed it. I think that's a bit steep for draft beer, but whatever.

I ordered the beet stew, my husband the Lancaster club. We waited nearly 30 minutes for our food, which was fine as we weren't on a schedule. During this time our waitress disappeared and we assumed she had gone off shift. Our food was brought to us by a fellow who warned me the bowl my stew was in was "really hot". That turned out to be a massive understatement. It took me a half hour to eat because I had to blow and test every.single.bite. Steam rolled off the bowl the entire time I was eating. Now I appreciate hot food, I would rather it be a little hot than cold, but when food cannot be eaten without blowing on it more than 20 minutes after it's served, it's ridiculous.

As I mentioned, our waitress had disappeared, and no one seemed to be looking after us. We both had been done our beer for quite some time, so finally my husband got up and went to the bar and asked for two waters. It turned out that our waitress was actually sitting in a booth chatting to another staff member. She came over to our table at that point, after having seen my husband at the bar, but it was too late for her to salvage a tip; we hadn't seen her since we ordered our food about 45 minutes previously.

I will say the stew was very tasty, lots of beef and vegetables, but it was just WAY too hot to enjoy. My husband's club was "okay"; the chicken was a little rubbery, but the bread was fresh and his fries were really good.

All in all, not a great experience for our first time there, and we weren't left with a great impression. We *might* go back to try the appetizers, as the table next to us got an assortment and they looked really good.

timmyrocks-26, Owner at Lancaster Taphouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Hi Donna,

First off I would like to apologize to you for your unpleasant experience at The Lancaster. We are very proud of our little pub and we work hard to make it as great a place as possible. And so when we let good people down we do take it very seriously.

I'm very alarmed by the service you received. And to be quite honest, we've identified a few issues with our staff that we have been working on. And, in just discussing this with one of our managers, who remembered your table, we've identified your server and it is someone quite frankly that we have been working with on trying to improve their customer service.

Please believe that we are committed to first class service and will work hard to do better for you the next time.

If I could convince you to give us another try, I would like to send you a gift card as an apology for your night.

If you could please send an email to me at tim@thelancaster.ca with your address I would be happy to mail that out to you.

Once again Donna my apologies, and I look forward to hearing back from you and seeing you soon at the Lancaster!

Tim Rogers
Managing Partner

tim@thelancaster.ca
306-531-9090

The Lancaster Taphouse

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went out for drinks and dinner as a group on July 13,2013. To begin our waiter did not acknowledge we had sat down. The 'tap house' was absolutely freezing, I am never cold and suggested we go somewhere else, wish we would have. Ordered appetizer's Wings, pretzel, corndogs. Corndogs were cold (just above frozen), wings were poor, pretzel was good.
While we waited we went to order single malts - asked the waiter what they had, he told us to read the menu, in a rude way. We stated how about you tell us, he said he would get the manager, seemed out of place. Manager came, didn't really even ask if there was a problem. One lady at the table asked the portion size of the lighter fare vs. the entrée he said 'smaller'. Ordered the meal, it was ok. Second time we have been here, wouldn't waste the money. If you want to go for dinner there are much better places, if you want to go drink beer there are much better place with way less expensive beers. ie) Birminghams, Flip, or Bushwacker.

Spend a little less time promoting the bar, and a little more customer service training. It is much needed.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Some small portions available, I have worked my way through the menu and everything is very tasty. The Hangover Soup is my favorite.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

This place is great, prices arnt to high, staff is friendly. I said I had a gluten allergy and they immediately got me there gluten free menu. TVs for games with a projector. Lots of drinks on tap. Only complaint is that it can get crazy during the main hours around 12 and 6pm, so try and avoid those times. Otherwise one of the better restaurants in the south end.