“Great afternoon break”
Review of Lancaster Taphouse

Lancaster Taphouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Lancaster Taphouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 571 Restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: Gastropub, Bar, Pub, Canadian, American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to the Lancaster Taphouse, a home away from home, an upscale den of gastro delights, strong drink and bewildering entertainment. There’s a relentless kind of craziness that hovers in the air here. So relax, enjoy yourself, and above all….. Don’t Panic!
“Great afternoon break”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

While out & about with my wife one Saturday afternoon, we decided to take a break & looed for a nearby place to quench our thirsts & grab some lunch. Friends had told us about Lancaster's & being as we were already in the parking lot near them, decided to give them a try. We were seated right away & both liked the decor of the restaurant. The bar had lots of televisions which we were able to see current scores of our favorite sports. Our waitress was upon us right away taking our drink orders & explaining the menu. I was parched so had a large Summer Weizen (was really good so I had another). My wife went with a house Cab Sauv. After looking at the reasonable number of choices on the menu, I went with just an order of salt & pepper chicken wings & my wife, the Casablanca Chicken. The food arrived fresh & warm. Chicken wings were crispy & still juicy & my wife thoroughly enjoyed her dish as well. The restaurant wasn't overly crowded so wasn't noisy either. Although I think it could get louder when the night time fare is being served & the plae gets near or at capacity. They also advetize having live music there occasionally which would be a nice way to spend an evening with friends. Wouldn't hesitate to go back again even if I wasn't "in the neighborhood"!

Visited May 2013

Saskatchewan, Canada
“Service was very good waitress friendly the food was exact as we ordered and hot”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The food was very good and most unusual. What I mean by that is you don't get these dishes at any other restaurant I had the corn chowder and club sandwich my wife enjoyed their unusual poutine you must try this for yourself you won't leave here hungry or disappointed

• Visited April 2013
Regina, Canada
“Fantastic food, music LOUD”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

About 15 of us went to hear a friend sing. The service was VERY good. The food fantastic. I mean really good but the music was so loud even the waiter misheard what I ordered. Will go back though.

• Visited March 2013
Regina, Canada
“I can recommend this place for their food”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Our lunch food was good but the waitress seemed distracted and inattentive. At the end of our meal we asked for the bill to be separated and the leftovers for one of our party to be boxed. We received the separated bill but the leftovers were discarded. The waitress did redeem herself by providing a smaller version of the same meal as a replacement. Even though it was not at all busy at the time, I found the atmosphere a bit noisy.

Visited February 2013
“Really not very good”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Service was OK but the food was mediocre to poor. By way of example, one person at our table ordered "English Style Beef Stew" topped with garlic mashed potatoes. There was one lone piece of beef in the stew.

We also made a point of phoning ahead to see if children are welcome and we were told that they are indeed welcome. However, there really was not much in the way of "kid friendly" items on the menu. Ours had "chicken fingers" but I think they were cutlets that had been cut into strips and they were cooked such that they were very crunchy.

Also, we were there for supper and we were seated well before 6:00 p.m. The music was so loud that it was not possible to carry on a conversation. I could maybe see loud music once the supper hour is done and the lounge crowd has arrived, but not at supper time.

We won't be going back.