“Just Meh...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Lancaster Taphouse

Lancaster Taphouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Lancaster Taphouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 564 Restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: Gastropub, Bar, Pub, Canadian, American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to the Lancaster Taphouse, a home away from home, an upscale den of gastro delights, strong drink and bewildering entertainment. There’s a relentless kind of craziness that hovers in the air here. So relax, enjoy yourself, and above all….. Don’t Panic!
“Just Meh...”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I wanted to be excited about this place, but it just didn't happen. Now I didn't have the pretzels everyone talked about, and maybe that's why it was "just meh". The location is good and the decor is ok since its new, but it was just blah.

NO drink specials at a taphouse!? I proceeded to order a long island iced tea, and while they go outside the norm and freehand it instead of using the cheap long island mix, it tasted awful...then went to order a Kronenbourg Blanc for $8.50 ish a pint.

While I condsider myself somewhat of a foodie, I struggled with this menu. A lot of the items had at least 1 item that seemed out of place or just off-putting. Example....their "Il Gustoso" pizza has: Capicolla ham, mushrooms,with feta and tomato sauce. Seems ok, but then wait! They also add fresh apple slices! Ew. I'm sure I could ask for an omission, but it irked me still.

Ended up with the burger, which had a home made burger patty, roma tomatoes, white onions, mixed crisp greens and pepperoncinis (fancy word for picked pepper). Costed $1 to add cheese, and THERE IS NO OPTION TO ADD BACON!! An atrocity I say...but I did survive and the burger was ok. Brown's Social House still has the best burger in town.

Good part was we got in quickly for a Friday night and the service was good. I'll keep my eye on the menu and if it changes I'd give it another try...until then I'd stick with somewhere like Bushwakkers for good beer and good food. Enjoy!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Sinnayanae

Regina, Canada
“Surprisingly innovative pub food”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We went here for dinner last nigh on a whim and were glad we did. They had a pretty good selection of beers available although we didn't try any of them. The food was much more interesting than one would expect from a taphouse.

We started with the Lobster Nachos which were good although the cheese, sauce and halapenos overwhelmed the lobster totally. They were very tasty but we wouldn't order them again because the price - $14 - while justified by the lobster is too expensive when you can't tast the lobster.
I had one of the small plates - grilled salmon with potato salad and grilled vegetables - which was very good. Salmon properly cooked, vegetables still crisp and the potato salad was very light and nicely spiced. My companion had their home made beef stew topped with mashed potatoes which she also liked as well. Both dishes are a little expensive but we both decided that we would be back as the menu looked interesting and different and there were other things we wanted to explore.
The decor is typical upscale pub with high ceilings. It made the place rather noisy and we found it a bit cold since the airconditioning was on high.
Service was quite good and the kitchen was pretty fast - appetizers and dinner and bill all in about one hour.

• Visited July 2012
Regina, SK
“Have the Pretzels!!”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

A friend and I visited the Lancaster Taphouse for lunch on the week-end and it was excellent. We shared the Pretzel appetizer and you really have to try it. 3 little pretzels that are crispy on the outside and soft in the middle served with 3 different dips. It could be a meal in itself.

I had the Schnitzel fries (basically chicken fingers) which were very good and my friend had an Apple Chutney sandwich (I can't remember what exactly it was called). I had a bite and it was quite tasty especially if you like Apple Chutney. We also each had a bellini with red wine & it was delicious!

It's not cheap but it's a very nicely decorated place with good food and our service was absolutely excellent! Also, lots of parking

• Visited May 2012
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I've been to Lancaster a couple of times.The service and food are both very adequate. A good selection of beer on tap and an adequate wine list. Not quite fine dining, but good food and drink. A bit over priced and portions are not huge, but I would go back. The best feature is the location. South Regina needed something new that was not a chain and there is nothing in Harbor Landing but fast food.
A pleasant alternative to the Keg or Earl's in the south end and definately in the same price range.

• Visited May 2012