“My new favorite” 5 of 5 bubbles

Knotted Thistle Pub
Ranked #52 of 561 Restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, Scottish, American, Irish, Brew Pub, British
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Not only does the Knotted Thistle offer a uniquely Celtic atmosphere, we also proudly serve a variety of local and imported beer, wine and scotch along with some traditional Celtic dishes.Whether it’s a Scotch egg, Irish Nachos, or our very own Thistlehead Ale -we have something to tempt every palette. So feast yer eyes upon one of our menus and see what mouth-watering surprises await you.
Edmonton, Canada
“My new favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great place right from the moment I walked in. Great seating and atmosphere, which is something I generally do not care about but it struck me as a very relaxing and enjoyable place to be.

The menu is small but that is a reflection on how much focus they put on the food they have there, which is amazing. Granted its a pub so you are eating pub fare, but I am a bit of a burger enthusiast and I had to try their burger - this one is called "The William Wallace."

Ever see the episode of How I met Your Mother when they were in search of the perfect burger in New York? This is how I felt when I first bit into this momma. It had two massive home made patties, about 3/4 of an inch thick each, perfectly crisp/soft bacon, pickled onions and peppers, very little condiments so it let the meat do the talking. The fries are amazing too, yeah they are in small portions but the fries are home made cut fries, not the frozen and battered garbage you find anywhere else. Just like mom used to make!

The beer and ale is top notch, my absolute favorite is the Dark Erdinger. Its a dark wheat ale that is quite possibly the smoothest I have ever drank, it has this neat banana/coffee taste at the end of your sip, the light version is pretty good too.

Service is quick, full of experienced waitresses. I am usually taken care of by Rachel, she is fast and attentive, but not overly bearing to the point where it would get annoying. Great service balance.

Cant wait to go back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TravelodgeRegina, Manager at Knotted Thistle Pub, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thanks for stopping by to enjoy a great meal!

William Wallace is known as one of Scotland’s greatest heroes, so what better way to honour a great name than to take one of the Knotted Thistle’s greatest burgers and named it after the great warrior? By the sounds of things, The William Wallace has found yet another admirer.

It’s good to hear that your visits have always been accompanied by unique meal, top notch beer and great service. We can’t wait to see you again!

Saskatchewan, Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Dropped in for a quick meal on our way to the airport after reading a review in the local newspaper. They had a good selection of beer on tap, and the service was very quick and friendly and efficient. Four of us had an assortment of menu items - all were very good. Good burgers - juicy and flavorful with excellent fries - and fish and chips and sandwiches. Very generous portions at very reasonable prices. The atmosphere falls a bit short of an Irish or Celtic pub, but food and drinks make up for that. Definitely recommend it and will certainly return ourselves.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TravelodgeRegina, Manager at Knotted Thistle Pub, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thanks for the review. It looks like your group was able to taste a variety of our menu items and it’s great to hear you enjoyed them. We’re glad you were able to join us before heading to the airport and we hope to see you again!
Edmonton, Canada
“all good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

service, food, and choice of drinks is great. Great place to sit and visit...lots of comfy chairs. Not sure of the need for vlt's.

Visited February 2013
SK Canada
“Nice atmosphere and staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Daily specials during the week. They have a limited menu. Guinness burger (chees & bacon) is really good as well as the short ribs. Staff are very friendly. Nice place to go after work or Saturday afternoon. It has been renovated within the last year and 1/2 or so. Feels more like the old Blarney Stone than Johnny Foxes.

Regina, Canada
“Great pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

We've now been to the Knotted Thistle Pub on a two occasions. They won't be our last.
Our first visit was just my husband and myself. We ordered the corned beef and the bangers and mash.
My husband's corned beef sandwich was quite tasty, he thoroughly enjoyed it. My bangers and mash was near perfect, though a tad too salty (but just a bit). Still enjoyable and very much comfort food.
The second time we came with friend. The boys got wings. They said they were ok. I ordered the steak sandwich. Unfortunately my first sandwich was cold, but, our server quickly took care of the situation and brought me a perfectly cooked medium rare steak sandwich.
We enjoy the beer selections. My husband would like to go to try a scotch flight.
Both times we had Julia as our server, she was very professional and attentive.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TravelodgeRegina, Public Relations Manager at Knotted Thistle Pub, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
We’re glad you enjoyed your experience at the Knotted Thistle. It’s great to hear that you’ve had a chance to try out a variety of our food and drink items, and we can’t wait to see you again to try out those scotch flights!