“Nice atmosphere and staff”

Knotted Thistle Pub
Ranked #50 of 564 Restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, Scottish, American, Irish, Brew Pub, British
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Not only does the Knotted Thistle offer a uniquely Celtic atmosphere, we also proudly serve a variety of local and imported beer, wine and scotch along with some traditional Celtic dishes.Whether it’s a Scotch egg, Irish Nachos, or our very own Thistlehead Ale -we have something to tempt every palette. So feast yer eyes upon one of our menus and see what mouth-watering surprises await you.
SK Canada
“Nice atmosphere and staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Daily specials during the week. They have a limited menu. Guinness burger (chees & bacon) is really good as well as the short ribs. Staff are very friendly. Nice place to go after work or Saturday afternoon. It has been renovated within the last year and 1/2 or so. Feels more like the old Blarney Stone than Johnny Foxes.

“Great pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

We've now been to the Knotted Thistle Pub on a two occasions. They won't be our last.
Our first visit was just my husband and myself. We ordered the corned beef and the bangers and mash.
My husband's corned beef sandwich was quite tasty, he thoroughly enjoyed it. My bangers and mash was near perfect, though a tad too salty (but just a bit). Still enjoyable and very much comfort food.
The second time we came with friend. The boys got wings. They said they were ok. I ordered the steak sandwich. Unfortunately my first sandwich was cold, but, our server quickly took care of the situation and brought me a perfectly cooked medium rare steak sandwich.
We enjoy the beer selections. My husband would like to go to try a scotch flight.
Both times we had Julia as our server, she was very professional and attentive.

• Visited December 2012
TravelodgeRegina, Public Relations Manager at Knotted Thistle Pub, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
We’re glad you enjoyed your experience at the Knotted Thistle. It’s great to hear that you’ve had a chance to try out a variety of our food and drink items, and we can’t wait to see you again to try out those scotch flights!
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I must say that we have heard a lot of great things about the Knotted Thistle in Regina's Travel Lodge. The pub itself is friendly and inviting and our server Lee was knowledgeable, helpful, prompt and pleasant. The beer on tap is rather limited but acceptable.

Unfortunately the kitchen is a let down. We ordered the Irish Nachos which are made with deep fried lattice cut potatoes. Great idea in theory. Once covered in cheese and toppings the potatoes morphed into soggy inedible chips. We also order two types of wings; whiskey BBQ and Lime and Salt. The wings were fried and were almost too dry to eat. They were barely edible although the potential for great taste was there. The presentation left quite a bit to be desired i.e. the wings were dumped on the plate. Finally we ordered the Sour Dough loaf with Bacon Jam. The bread was over baked and the Bacon spread was tasteless and looked like Fancy Feast. No one at the table finished that appy or the Irish Natchos.

My suggestion is that if you do visit the Knotted Thistle go for drinks and the atmosphere and eat elsewhere.

• Visited December 2012
TravelodgeRegina, General Manager at Knotted Thistle Pub, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I would like to begin by thanking you for your honest feedback. Although we strive to produce top-quality dishes for each of our guests, we recognize that there have recently been some struggles. I can assure you that each of the dishes mentioned above, if cooked and prepared properly, would have created a delightful meal for you. We are currently working on overcoming the challenges and hope that you will join us again in the future to experience great service, a refreshing drink, and a pleasant meal.
“better food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was surprised and disappointed by the menu. the special was chicken pene alfredo, just an average family restaurant special. I settled for a burger which had some soggy pickled onion in it which ruined the burger. I got the impression there is an weak kitchen staff with no ideas or experience to make it a place to go eat. No reason to go back, beer tastes the same anywhere. The menu is a joke.

TravelodgeRegina, General Manager at Knotted Thistle Pub, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
We’re sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your meal. Our unique Celtic-inspired menu and drink specials are served starting at 4pm every day. Hopefully you’ll have a chance to come down and try something new!
Regina, Canada
“Excellent pub with great beer and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

We recently went to this pub for a mid Saturday afternoon beer and snack.

They have a very good beer selection which is reasonably priced. I tried the cider and it was excellent. Not too sweet but very refreshing.

We tried the Irish Nachos. Warning...these are huge! They are lattice cut potatoes covered with cheese, green onion, peppers and jalapinos. They were excellent! They come with a side of fresh pico de gallo and sour cream. The only thing that would make them better (for me) is a bit of a different dipping sauce as I'm not a sour cream fan. There is an Irish Pub in BC called Kelly O'Briens and they serve the same type of Irish Nacho but their dipping sauce is "Emerald Isle Dip" which is a bit of a mayo/honey mustard bases sauce.

We also tried the beer battered onion rings. Again, these were huge slices of onions battered in keith's beer. Very good.

Service was excellent. It will certainly be our new neighborhood pub! Much better than the other "chains" that are around the area.

• Visited September 2012