“Good choice for bbq!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jack Keaton's BBQ & Bar - MOVED

Jack Keaton's BBQ & Bar
Cuisines: Barbecue, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Anchorage, Alaska
“Good choice for bbq!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Went here with family and friends. Food was great and vwey affordble. Everything we tried were huge portions. They have a good selection of sides too. The only negative I have in mind is that the waitress/staff who collects the plates kept on staring at us and ou plates-probably hinting that we should leave- and kept asking if we're done. Other than that, it was a great bbq place.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mrs_Cab0113

“Best Food in Regina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I am a fan of true BBQ. This place has the best tasting BBQ I have ever had ... bar none ... and I have eaten at many BBQ joints in my day. The excellent walk up service works very well for this type of restaurant. The staff was especially friendly and helpful and the owners work right with them in case any issue arises, The Sunday Brunch is great addition.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank tdr3
Regina, Canada
“Catered event - excellent service, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Hired Jack Keaton for a group of 30. Arrived on time (early actually) and set up BBQs for heat up the ribs, etc. All the meats (BBQ chicken, pulled pork and ribs) were excellent. Salads were fresh and service was professional. No complaints, would recommend hiring Jack Keaton for a function.

Visited June 2013
“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

A lot of restaurateurs get into the business because they do not like to compromise. Unfortunately, in Regina, there is a great deal of options for customers which mean a great deal of competition for restaurant owners. Another problem for restaurant owners is Regina is small enough where word of mouth can have an impact on your business. I say these things because the service I experienced at Jack Keaton's was awful. As a result I will never go back and several of my friends, upon hearing of my experience, have stated they will not go to Jack Keaton's either. The problem began with a misunderstanding over a side dish that was ordered. Sounds like a simple enough problem to remedy right? Wrong. Ended up in an argument with the owner and an all-round bad experience. Do yourself a favour and spend your money where they appreciate it.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Regina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lip smacking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Always a fan of BBQ, I was very interested in trying Jack Keaton's. I was there for one lunch, one supper and a take out meal. I enjoyed this place. The applewood smoke was new to me and did take a bit of aquiring a taste for but I found myself craving it the next day. Through my experienced I had the BBQ and fried chicken, pulled pork, pork ribs, and brisket. I am hard pressed to say which I enjoyed most but if I must The BBQ chicken was fall of the bone lipsmacking. I could have this chicken weekly without fearing I would wear out my tastebuds. The brisket was a close second. The sides were good but not great although my wife loved the corn bread.
I wished there were more options for the kids as this was limited and their thoughts on the smoked items was it was too strong for their tastes. The costs were slightly higher than I expected. We will eat there again, it is a different flavor our familyhasn't had too much exposure to but is still very good and we all enjoyed our visit there.

Visited April 2013