“The food was ok???” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jack Keaton's BBQ & Bar - MOVED

Jack Keaton's BBQ & Bar
Cuisines: Barbecue, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Regina, Canada
“The food was ok???”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We were the first ones there so you would think you would get warm food. The temperature of the food was terrible its like it was sitting under a very bad heat lamp. And the taste was alright and we tried a few items. I had lots of bone fragments in my ribs the BBQ sauce was pretty good though. I would not visit again.

1 Thank Flatlander8

“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

After reading all the positive reviews here we thought we'd give Jack Keaton's a shot.
The food was barely average, the fries and ribs were good but the mashed potatoes were dry & cool. Overall, the meals were overpriced for the quantity/quality.
This was my first & last visit to Keaton's - I'll go to Montana's, at least there you can draw on the table.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Regina, Saskatchewan
“Best ribs in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've eaten at Jack Keaton's several times and the quality and taste of the menu items has been consistent and of high quality. The menu variety includes ribs, brisket, chicken fish as well as a wide variety of BBQ-related sides. The portion size will satisfy large appetites. They have recently added take home portions or ribs, chicken and a few sauces available in pre-packaged containers.

I've had BBQ at every other Regina restaurant claiming to serve good BBQ. Jack Keaton's is head and shoulders above all of them. The ribs are tender, have a great smoked smell and have a touch of sauce to compliment but not overpower the smoked flavour.. The chicken has the same great smoked flavour, again without being smothered in sauce. Sides include my favourites such as beans and beef chili. My wife is partial to their prime rib burger and hand cut house fries. The haddock fish and chips won't disappoint.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Regina, Canada
“Better than the initial visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was not impressed with my initial visit. The food quality was below average. The only reason for a revisit was a coupon.
They did tweak the menu from my first visit. Having a bad experience with the chicken club I moved on to the brisket sandwich. It was okay as far as bar b que goes. The coleslaw on the bun does make it a little sloppy but is tasty. My wife ordered the spicy chicken sandwich and was satisfied.
As far as sides go,the french fries are tasty....hot and crisp. The potato chips not so much. They are lacking something like a spice or sea salt. The look good but taste below average.
The decor is pedestrian and the music bluesy. I would return but only if a coupon is involved.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
“attention”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

great food, and the owners are usually there and speak to all customers, reasonable price, located in north end,,, quite far from downtown hotels

Visited August 2012