“Boring.... Food”

Jack Keaton's BBQ & Bar
Ranked #204 of 564 Restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: Barbecue, Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a full service pub with a BBQ style menu. In addition to BBQ we offer gluten wise and vegetarian options. We feature homemade dishes as well as daily specials. We have 8 beers on tap and offer a patio in the summer. We have happy hour Monday to Friday 3 to 6. Even though we are a pub children are welcome. Kids eat free on Sundays.
Vancouver, Canada
“Boring.... Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I had the brisket which was good but lacked any sauce.
My son had the ribs which were a bit dry coleslaw was mediocre , mashed potatoes boring and the cornbread dry and tasteless
All in all the food was middlin not really bad but nothing that excited the
Palette, no sauces on or as accompaniment. 50 bucks for three is a bit pricey for ho hum food when there is no liquor. I wouldn't recommend this if you are a BBQ lover or want food that has tastiness

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go here! Terrific food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I went for the first time July 23rd.
Right from the moment I walked in the door I could tell it was going to be good. The smell of BBQ lingered in the air enticing me to want to try everything.
Service: A bit of a line up when I got I there, not surprising, after I was done I can understand the line. As for that line up, it went super fast. The hostess there gave those in line ( out of site of the menu) a printed copy to peruse... So once you got to the counter you were generally ready to go. So we ordered, I was hardly in my seat when our food was ready. Someone came by regularly to tidy the table of trash and checked to see how everything was... Unexpected for a counter service restaurant. KUDOS
Food... Now, I'm not a big meat eater,,, but I had the pulled pork... So good. I had the coleslaw on the side so I could get the full experience of pulled pork. Tender and flavourful... I may just be a resurrected carnivore.

1 Thank Testytony
Regina, Canada
“Great BBQ and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We probably eat in or get take-out from Jack Keaton's at least once a week. While all of the items are great, my favorite item on the menu is the 12 hour brisket which is extremely flavorful and tender and also comes with 2 side dishes and a drink for under $12. Make sure to get the regular sized meal because the portion sizes are so large that I can never finish my meal. The service is also fast, friendly and attentive. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who is craving a good BBQ fix.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank nat0606
Saskatchewan
“Great new local family owned restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Our family comes here often & it's one of our new favourite places to eat. Jack Keaton's offers a variety of BBQ & 'home cooked' type meals. A couple of my fave's are the bacon wrapped meatloaf and the baby back ribs. They have just switched up the menu a bit & have added some more side dishes & a variety platter, which my husband had the other day (a taste of 3 different meat dishes I think but it's big enough to share). They are also in the process of bottling their BBQ sauce to sell, in addition to the other items in the grab & go fridge!
Dine in, take out, cook it yourself at home.... Jack Keaton's is a casual, family friendly atmosphere. They do have a kids menu as well, however our kids usually divide a full rack of ribs between two, and each pick a side dish :)

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank mommalou4
“Great place for BBQ, decent value and it's fast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

Three of us had supper for $40 and it was amazing! Pulled pork was super moist and smokey. Brisket was melt in your mouth tender and the Haddock was so nice and crispy! BIG fan of the house BBQ and jalapeño sauces. We will definitely be back!