“Very pleasant, better than the Keg that used to be here!”
Review of Hickory Smokehouse and Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hickory Smokehouse and Grill
Cuisines: Steakhouse
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very pleasant, better than the Keg that used to be here!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

we were looking for a new place to visit, and chose to drop in here, we both had the special (on that night it was a turf and turf, ribs and a steak) between us we had a board selection of the sides and found all parts of the food highly agreeable! The service was attentive without being obtrusive, everyone we dealt with was friendly and helpful. I'd gladly recommend.

Visited February 2012

Alberta
“Good Value, Good food and service”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The chicken is moist and tasty, and the ribs are good. The entrees come with choice of Soup, House Salad or Caesar Salad. you have a choice of stuffed potato, roasted potatoes, fries, rice, or yam fries , and side vegetables with the main. The house salad was a bit plain, but the vegetable quality was good. Yam fries are good.

Would definitely eat here again.

• Visited December 2011
Toronto, Canada
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I was looking forward to trying a different restaurant while on a recent business trip to Regina. I went between 5pm and 6pm and was the only person that sat in a booth in the steakhouse bar area. I was for the most part ignored. The bartender was enjoying a casual conversation with a waitress, while listening to what must have been their favourite music, at a volume far too high for a steakhouse or my liking. I wasn't welcome. They wanted to chat and listen to their music.
While waiting for my meal to arrive, someone in the restaurant ordered a type of shooter the bartender never heard of, so that seemed to occupy the bartender / waitresses for some time while they determined what the drink's ingredients were supposed to be. This took too much time, resulting in my meal being delayed.
While the staff looked for the shooter ingredients, a couple of good sized ants walked across the ledge of the booth I was in by the patio, so I moved to a table closer to the front door. I also hoped the music volume would be lower, but it wasn't. My meal arrived, I ate and left. Never to return again.

• Visited August 2011