“A mainstay of summer in Regina”

Milky Way Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 22 Dessert in Regina
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Core
Description: This building serving their soft serve ice cream has been there for many years. We have eaten ice cream there for over 30 years. Their soft ice cream (several flavors, depending on the day) is the best and that is what I always order. The soft serve chocolate is the best flavor and I have never had any to compare to Milky Way chocolate soft ice cream. They have "flavor of the day" and also serve many, many flavors of hard ice cream. Customers cannot wait for the Milky Way to open in the spring and watch the weather for when it closes in the fall so they can get their "last ice cream" there till it reopens in the spring. The line-ups are long, especially in the evenings, so plan to wait before you can order what you want. My last few visits they had to open the third serving window because the line-ups were so long. We were talking with someone who had visited friends in Regina and they told us about this ice cream place that was "so good" but could not remember the name of it -- they did not have to remember the name because we knew it was the "Milky Way".
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Milky Way is an institution in Regina. It is synonymous with summer and good times. If you want good old-fashioned style ice-cream the soft serve is made with real cream and the flavor of the day changes every day. There are loads of favorite hard ice cream choices too with plenty of fixings and cones to make your selection even more special. With all this in your favor, you'll want to be sure to visit. Our niece also raves about the hot dogs.

If you ever arrive and find a long line-up, immerse yourself, enjoy the people watching and feel the energy from those around you.

Several generations of our family have enjoyed Milky Way over the decades and now our grand-daughter recognizes this landmark as a favorite place to go. The ice cream cakes have been part of various family celebrations over the years. MW is family owned and run and has been around since about the late 1950's.

Staying in business so long, and having the loyal following that it does means only one thing: great customer service!

Forget the calories and go treat yourself.

1  Thank Flyboy727

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great ice-cream, really creamy and tasty!
I highly recommend to try their ice-creame at least once, they have a wide selection of it there.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went for an extended bicycle ride, and the Milky Way is a great stop to rest and recharge the batteries with some ice cream treats. I've eaten here many times and have not been disappointed. There is always a line on the warmer days, and this is expected. All windows(3) were open and staff were doing their best to feed the crowd. I could see inside the building that the restaurant was kept clean and tidy. This time round I had a mocha milkshake. Very good. Usually I have the dipped cone, but it was so hot I didn't want to wrestle with the melting. The portions are always a good size. We dined on the benches beside the shop. It isn't a complete summer without a treat from the Milky Way. My wife is lactose in tolerant and had a Popsicle. There are only a couple items on the menu offered with this regard. It was fresh, so this all you could ask. There is plenty of parking behind the shop for those that wish to drive.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

What a great surprise .... and its been around for years! It´s been years since I´ve had a chocolate dip! Heaven in a cone!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We used to go to the Milky Way more than we do now and I would say at least once in the summer. This July we returned for a cone to comfort us after a terrible overpriced dinner at a nearby restaurant. I had the chocolate and vanilla swirl since it is my favorite and it did not disappoint. Brings back a lot of wonderful memories of summers past.